Thread: Dose anyone have this?

Hybrid View

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Default Dose anyone have this?

Dose anyone have muscles that lock up? I have a muscle in my back that will tighten to the point I can't move it sends pains that radiate up and down my back neck and arm it brings instant tears and me almost to my knees. Then there is my fingers on both hands my pinkie and ring finger will curl into my palm and go numbe and I can't straighten them with out using my other hand. The rheumy thought my finger were from when I knit but I can't remember the last time I picked up my knitting needles three kids keep me to busy:0) I'm full of questions this morning I was Wondering if anyone Else drinks red bull and notice a big difference there are day I'm so tired and my brain fog is so bad I can't function. After I drink one I don't hurt as bad, the fog isn't as thick, plus I have alittle energy my sister feels it's the sugar and cafinee. But I drink the sugar free and if that's the case coffee should give me the same effect? These are all things I'm going to ask about at my next dr appt. Because yippie we got our health insurance back as of the first of Jan thank goodness? Hope this finds everyone well Or on a good day.

tgal is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Solar System
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,743 Times in 1,212 Posts

I had that problem several times throughout my life (actually started with my fingers). Every time it turned out that my potassium level was way too low, almost in heart attack level.

Great news about the insurance! I don't get mine until Oct. Keep us posted!
    Mari

Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.

~Winston Churchill~

3. The Following User Says Thank You to tgal For This Useful Post:

flower21clr (01-23-2012)

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Heart attack level? That's sounds kinda Bad made I should try to move up my next doctors appt it's nit till fed 27

Thanks

In the meantime bananas have a lot of potassium...so does Gatorade. I'm sure eating a banana and downing a couple Gatorades wouldn't hurt, anyway - it might make you feel less worried between now and when you see your doc. And if it's NOT a potassium issue - no harm done - ya just ate some fruit, LOL....

I am glad to hear your insurance is kicking in. It's scary to have medical issues and no insurance...

PS - I don't mean at all to say you shouldn't go in IMMEDIATELY if you are really concerned - I am not a doctor and of course have no idea what is causing it. Just that since the potassium thing was brought up, if you're scared about that, bananas and Gatorade both have potassium/electrolytes in them. : - )
    Last edited by SleepyInSeattle; 01-22-2012 at 11:04 AM.

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to SleepyInSeattle For This Useful Post:

flower21clr (01-23-2012), rob (01-22-2012), tgal (01-22-2012)

rob is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the World
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,105 Times in 628 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SleepyInSeattle View Post
    In the meantime bananas have a lot of potassium...so does Gatorade. I'm sure eating a banana and downing a couple Gatorades wouldn't hurt, anyway - it might make you feel less worried between now and when you see your doc. And if it's NOT a potassium issue - no harm done - ya just ate some fruit, LOL....

I am glad to hear your insurance is kicking in. It's scary to have medical issues and no insurance...

PS - I don't mean at all to say you shouldn't go in IMMEDIATELY if you are really concerned - I am not a doctor and of course have no idea what is causing it. Just that since the potassium thing was brought up, if you're scared about that, bananas and Gatorade both have potassium/electrolytes in them. : - )
    Good advice.

The potassium/electrolytes in bananas and Gatororade definitely help me with muscle spasms and the pain associated with them. I get them often, the worst ones being in my back/shoulder area that radiates up through my neck. The pain is enough to make me cringe when trying to turn my head. Makes sleeping nearly impossible.

Anyway, kinda funny, you just ate some fruit, and I just finished a bottle of Gatrorade. (I like the purple colored kind)

Rob

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to rob For This Useful Post:

flower21clr (01-23-2012), SleepyInSeattle (01-22-2012), tgal (01-22-2012)

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Dried cherries are really good for Potassium as well.
    Lauren

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to red246 For This Useful Post:

E42brchick (02-25-2012), flower21clr (01-23-2012), SleepyInSeattle (01-22-2012)