Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Heat tolerance

Thanks

I'm always cold! I have a long sleeved sweater or shirt with me all the time because once I get in the air conditioning it's all over. And my feet! They get so cold. My husband hates when my feet are cold and I put them against his legs to warm up. He says I'm draining the life out of him...LOL :lol:

Thanks

Default Heat/cold

Yes I've got Raynauds so I normally can't stand the heat but in the summer we use a swamp cooler to cool our house. I immediately get blue hands/feet and tip of my nose. I've got lots of summer sandals but can't even look forward to wearing them inside.

I sit in my recliner with an electric blanket and gloves so my husband and son can have the AC on.
    Catlady4520

Thanks

Default heat or cold.that is the question?

Neither for me is good. I like 73-76 degrees.....I like AC as long as I'm not directly in front of it.....in the winter I love the space heater right beside of me. I think summer is in some ways harder because of having to cover up and staying out of the sun is always a challange. I love to garden and have learned to enjoy going out in the early morning and later in the evening.

If you do get a hormone test have them check you for antiphospholipid syndrome.....20-40% of Lupus patients have it and hormone replacement is NOT an option...they may cause a stroke. Soft hugs to all,
    Lori Hollinger

Thanks

I have a related question - I'm new to Lupus so I'm still trying to figure out what's going on with me - but what issues do you all have with being in the sun?

I have noticed so far this year that my lips and the part in my hair feel like they are gettting sunburned very quickly. (Way more than I ever did before ) I also feel a funny prickly feeling occasionally, when I have been out in the sun. I have started wearing a facial sunscreen every day just as a precaution, but what I'm trying to figure out is: if I don't suffer any other effects or symptoms from being in the sun, do I still need to stay out of it? I mean, can it actually worsen the disease itself, or just temporarily aggravate sypmtoms?

I live for the outdoors, so this is really hard on me!

Thanks

I didn't have any symptoms for a long time then one day the sun felt like it was burning my skin,I thought that I was on fire not just the heat but the pain was unbearable.Now I can't be in the sun at all.I am just now recovering from a flare I've had for 1 and a half weeks. I was in the sun for about 4 hours.No more for me I've learned my lesson.I would say keep applying the sun screen and listen to your body it will tell you,believe me.
    Your friend in Texas, Jessica