Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Heat tolerance

Thanks

Default Heat tolerance

Does anyone else have a low heat tolerance? Every time the air conditiong isn't pointed at me, I begin to sweat a lot. I was wondering if anyne else had this problem.

Thanks

I'm the exact opposite. If the air is on, I'm trying to find a way to turn it off. My hands (and sometimes my nose) turn blue, get stiff, and start hurting. I will tolerate 110 degree heat to avoid this.

Thanks

I'm with silver. I can't stand being cold. I have a space heater in my office at work that I keep on all the time. And even in the summer you will usually find me in sweats and a blanket. I hurt so much worse in the cold weather we have here during the winter and from the A/C being run at full blast in the summer. BUT I don't sweat. The last few years I have noticed my body isn't cooling down when I happen to be outside, all covered up of course to avoid the sun. This is NOT a good thing in FL so I'm always terrified I'm going to have a heat stroke.
    Hmmm are you old enough for menopause? I know the other ladies in my office that are that age can't stand the heat and immediately start sweating if the A/C goes off. I've had a hysterectomy (at 26, I'm 31 now) so I take hormone pills. Thank goodness cause I'd sure be a mess if I had to deal with hot flashes and such.

Thanks

I live in miami and I'm having the same problems. I'm wearing long pants, socks, long sleeves, a hat, and I just can't cool down. I can't stand being cold either. I'm not old enough for menapause... I'm 23, but the thought of early onset has come to mind on more than one occation. :shock:

Thanks

Allewayo, I have a question. Do they have indoor pools down there? Up here at the top of the state if you ask about that they think you are nuts. I guess since we live in FL they think we are supposed to worship the sun. LOL I was just wondering if they exist. There is only one in this town and it's at FSU and unless you are a student then you can't go there. I can't afford the YMCA dues so that's out, it was the only other one I managed to find.

Thanks

I can't stay cool enough. Any little exertion - a 10 minute run to the store - makes me break out in a sweat. It's awful to have to wear long sleeves to keep the sun off me. And I'm way past menopause plus have had a hystorectomy, so in my caase that isn't it. But it feels like it.

Thanks

I'm blessed to have gotten the most wonderful, theraputic puppy in the world in the heat of my disease. Unfortunatly, we're house breaking him. So the lovely dear wakes me up at 5 am to go outside, so we go, and I come inside and put sunscreen on (I probably put it on in patches since I don't look and I'm so tired) and then I get dressed in socks, long sleeves, and pants for the 7am walk.

The sun wears me out, but on those days where I feel like I can't get out of bed, I get puppy love to make me move.

And I have an indoor swimming pool at my gym. Before all this silly lupus happened, I was an athletic model at the gym 6 days a week. Now I'm content to eat bon-bons. I'm retired.

Thanks

I'm a definite low cold tolerance kind of gal...(Right now I am FREEZING! Granted, I live in Maine and it is drizzling out!)My family (kindly) laughs at me when I wear polar fleece while they are in short sleeves.

I agree with the others.... a hormone check might be in order for you.
    Junebug

Thanks

I am always hot..hot..hot.I can't ever get cool.My poor husband is the opposite.You can only imagine what it's like at my house.I thought it was just me .I can show my husband now,someone else does feel like I do.I am sure my neighbors don't even think I live here anymore.One lady asked my husband where's your wife been?It's hot in Texas,and I'm staying inside.
    Your friend in Texas, Jessica

Thanks

my fiance enjoys that I walk around half naked all the time ops: :lol: :shock: