Thread: My update and good news

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Default My update and good news

Hello everyone, sorry I haven't posted in awhile. There has been a lot going on, lupus wise and other. As most of you know my husband and I split up for awhile right after I was diagnosed. It was actually for the best at the time.l since then we have done a lot of talking and my husband has done a lot of learning and he put it into learning about lupus. Which is good. I knew that was some of his problems when he left I could see it, heck we have been together for over 17 years.

I have spent the last few months enjoying my children who are grown, both came back home to take care of mom, which is good. there was a lot of lupus problems in the beginning and they were worried. With the stress and all it was rough. Anyway, my son was a big help my daughter works to jobs and we don't have medical insurance and my son stopped working so that he could help me. It has been great. It has been hard on the both of them since there brother died when they were little. anyhow the hubby and I have been talking a lot.

The main issue that we had was the fact that we were losing our home. hubby however was working to solve the issue and has found a wonderful house that he is fixing up for yes, for us. I have reservations about it but I am happy to say that we are working on getting back together. My parents are worried that this may be a problem so my dad being who he is bought a double wide mobile home over in Georgia and said that if it don't work out it was mine but he could not be there. so there is a back up plan in case we don't work out.

There is still a lot of talking to do. he is not up to date with my medical. there was a lot of changes when he left and i started a new lupus medication. plaqunil I think i spelled it right. I also had a issue with my diabetes my bg was dropping low and was almost put in the hospital. Then to top it off for the first time ever I got the lupus rash, which freaked me out. then there was other small issues. I didn't eat for 1 week and was not sleeping so that got messed up then I was diagnosed with copd and had to get treated for it.

It has been one thing after another. but it seems to be picking up. I don't trust my husband at this time, but I am going to give it a shot.
    Please pray that we make it. our lives have not been easy.

Thanks
    Lea
    SLE Lupus diagnosed 8/8/11
    COPD,Raynauda's, IBS, Asthma, Sleep Apena, Amenia and Arthritis,Diabetes,Reflux TMJ, temporal arteritis
    Half dead, cripple and crazy but still above ground.
    Medication
    Novolog injections, Medrol injections, MTX injections, Dicyclomine, Plaqulin, Iron, Spreva inhaler, Advair inhaler, Albuteral inhaler, Fish Oil, Calcium, Diclofenac, Citalopram and doxcycline

tgal is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Solar System
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,742 Times in 1,211 Posts

Thanks for the update. I know things are good right now but they sound like that are looking up and that is always good! I am really glad that your kids have been there to help you through this. It is much easier to handle when there is some family support.

Keep us posted and congrats on the new house!
    Mari

Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.

~Winston Churchill~

Thanks

Best of luck Leean!

Blog Entries
    Thanks

it has not been an easy road but even through it all I still managed to stay away from smoking. stopped now over 5 months. I know we have a long way to go but I see a lot of good changes coming.
    Lea
    COPD,Raynauda's, IBS, Asthma, Sleep Apena, Amenia and Arthritis,Diabetes,Reflux TMJ, temporal arteritis
    Medication
    Novolog injections, Medrol injections, MTX injections, Dicyclomine, Plaqulin, Iron, Spreva inhaler, Advair inhaler, Albuteral inhaler, Fish Oil, Calcium, Diclofenac, Citalopram and doxcycline

Thanks

Leaann, it is good to hear that your life is on the upswing. As you have already learned, with lupus, as with life, there are going to be struggles. It sounds like you have a lot of people supporting you and that is an incredible gift. I hope things continue to get better every day.

Thanks

Hi Leaann,
    It was good to read your update and to know that things are looking up for you.
    I guess that I'm ever the romantic, but I hope that after investing 17 years in a marriage, you and your husband can overcome all of the stresses and come out the other side with an even stronger bond.
    I'll be hoping for you both.
    Hugs,
    Marla

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Thanks everyone for your support. My husband and I are doing a lot of taking and things seem to be going a lot better. My husband is seeking counseling as he has requested help, which is good. I knew that he has some type of problem and that is one reason that I stood by him. He can be a good man and even a good man can fall once in a while. It has not been easy on him with things going on here and even with his mom and brother as his brother was just arrested again for shoplifting this time it is his 2nd offense. The problem with the crack head is that my mother in law promotes this. any way we have a long way to go and we are now headed in the right direction. We are in the process of moving as our house is being foreclosed on us, we at least we have found a nice little house in another town not far from here and we will be down the street from my daughter. Which is going to be so good. I am skeptical but I am working on being happy. will keep everyone updated.
    thanks
    Lea
    Medication

Blog Entries
    Thanks

I'm very happy for you! One day at a time, one step at a time. Yay for your kids especially! Thanks for the update and please keep us posted.
    "I'm going to get healthy or die trying"

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

I am so glad to hear from you and happy to hear that you & your husband are talking (and that he is getting help). You are so lucky to have your children caring for you. I do hope that things work out for youin a way that makes you happy.

Peace and blessi gs
    Namaste
    Saysusie
    Look For The Good and Praise It!