Thread: COLDS how do you get better????????

Thanks

Default COLDS how do you get better????????

How in the world do you EVER get well when you are on immune supressing drugs????????? I am on prednisone 30mg, and methotrexate .9mg. Have been on them since Sept 2012 for SLE lupus and RA. I have severe eye issues that I am battling which is how my lupus most affects me. I see two different doctors for these problems/symtoms. One for the eyes and the other is a "rhumy doc. for the meds and tests. Please help. I saw the eye doc yesterday and he says that the prednisone is giving me glacoma...yeah me another way to go blind. Don't know what to do. Can't do the meth shot this week again due to the cold. How do people ever get better??????!!! How do you manage your meds when you get sick ? PLEASE I NEED FEEDBACK! Thanks for any help! Sami

Thanks

when i am sick i have to go off mtx go on higher dosage of prednisone and i end up taking at least 3 prescriptions of antibiotics before i get better. i know plaquenil can give you eye issues but i didnot know prednisone could hope this helps sami.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kim,l For This Useful Post:

sami29 (01-12-2012), steve.b (01-12-2012)

Thanks

Thank you for the info Kim REALLY appreciate it. I am going to call my doctors today to see what they have to say, I have no idea why they don't address this part of your illness with you. It is inevitable after all. Again THANK YOU!!!!