Thread: Question for Women concerning feminine issues.

Thanks

Default Question for Women concerning feminine issues.

For the past few months I've been having a barrage of new symptoms. One in particular bothers me a bit, and I was wondering if any other lupus (or other AI) sufferers are experiencing this from their lupus.

I wear tampons, to me pads feel like diapers, but recently tampons have been causing a lot of pain and swelling. I put one in and either have to remove it because it hurts, or it's fine for the first one, but then I have to use a pad later because it's become inflamed at some point later. I am almost completely using pads now because the pain is so often and frequent. Also in the past I had to have a cervical biopsy because I showed abnormal cells, and was diagnosed with chronic cervicitis (probably from the AI). I was just wondering if anyone had had any vaginal swelling or pain caused by it. I know that when I was sexually active (it's been about a 2 years) that I could only have sex every couple of days because about 1-4 hours after I did, I would start getting inflamed (and no it wasn't from the....strength....of the sex). I had initially thought is was the condoms (I have a increasingly worse latex allergy) but it still happened without condoms, though not as bad...

any ideas?

Thanks

Kohlfrog,
    I don't know if this might be your problem, but here goes. One of my several AI issues is Sjogren's, which causes dry eyes, dry mouth and dryness in lots of other ares, including the vagina. KY is definitely my friend. LOL - we have a "hidden" drawer in our headboard, and it is filled with an array of lubricants.
    The dryness also makes using tampons really uncomfortable for me. When I have to use them, such as when I have PT in the whirlpool during that week, I use lots of KY on the tampon before inserting - that seems to help.
    I'm "sort of" starting menopause, so I often skip three or four months. I will be sooo glad when menopause is over!
    Hope this helps!
    Hugs,
    Marla

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to magistramarla For This Useful Post:

charcross (01-11-2012), E42brchick (03-04-2012)

Thanks

Hi,my Dr. has never even mentioned Sjogren's, that makes sense for my problems also,I'll have to ask. Thanks Marla. Kohlfrog what u explained is how I felt using tampons,I had to use pads. I ended up having a hysterectomy at 31, 12 yrs. ago because of endometriosis and CN1 cells. It relieved alot of the pain except during intercourse sometimes still. A feminine question I have is, Does anyone have a hard time with yeast? Not just in the vaginal area but also in the mouth, underarms,can get under breast or belly fat. My Dr. just keeps saying it's my immune system and gives me more dulfican and mouthwash.

Thanks

Charcross,
    That's another possible symptom of Sjogren's. On the Sjogren's World support site, there are often threads where folks are complaining about yeast problems.
    I haven't had problems with it for years, but I have a daughter who has it a lot.
    Have you tried eating lots of yogurt? My daughter swears by Yokult. I even give that stuff to my dog to help him with his itchies.
    Hugs,
    Marla

6. The Following User Says Thank You to magistramarla For This Useful Post:

charcross (01-12-2012)

Thanks

Marla, Thanks for the suggestions. I will go through spurts of trying to eat yogurt my problem is I have a hard time choking it down. LOL I will have to investigate this Sjogren's. I dont know about alot of people but I just hate bringing up new things to my Dr.,it makes me feel like a whiner. But I guess I won't find out unless I ask,anything to stop this yeast. I also recently have started choking alittle bit, does anyone know if that belongs in our AI group? I'm glad I found this forum b/c as wonderful as my boyfriend of 8yrs. is, I think he is worn out and just doesn't want to talk about it anymore. Thanks,Charlette
    Charlette

Thanks

Charlette,
    Here is a great place to get started: http://www.sjogrens.org/ I have SJS, overlapping with Lupus, RA and Psoriatic Arthritis, with Meniere's Spasmodic Dysphonia, a bout with AVN and possible Spastic Paraplegia all thrown in for even more fun.
    It isn't unusual to have more than one AI issue at the same time. I went to a national Sjogren's conference and met over 300 people just like me. It was eye-opening.
    Good luck with your quest.
    Hugs,
    Marla

9. The Following User Says Thank You to magistramarla For This Useful Post:

charcross (01-13-2012)

Thanks

My mother has an auto-immune illness, currently undiagnosed in type , but they have stated she has one. Yeast is a HUGE issue for her. I also used to get yeast infections constantly. I think the yeast problems are relatively common, though very annoying Good luck with your doctor!

and thanks for the advise marla I have to be really careful which lubes I use because for some reason most of them make me itch like mad, but I'll see if I can find a good one and try it out. Sorry this reply took a while....I thought I wrote back already :/