Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New to Lupus and RELIEVED!!!

Thanks

Cardiologist says I have had another heart attack. I know just when it was. I woke out of my sleep with chest pains...up my neck...down my arm. Throwing up, sweating...all of it. luckily I keep nitro with me. THat was the day before my primary doc sent me back in the hospital. It didn't do much damage but my doc is concerned about how many MI's I can handle.

Seeing a Rheumy the 31st for all the joint pain. THey changed me to celebrex b/c the other makes me so sleeping I can't function and that just doesn't work too well when you work in the OR>

Thanks

Do they know what is causing the MI's? How scary!

Thanks

20% of lupus patients have blood clots. I am in that 20% so I am throwing blood clots which in turn cause my MI's. It is nothing short of a miracle that one hasn't killed me before they found it and put me on coumadin. I will be on coumadin for the rest of my life which means I will never have any more children. I was hoping to try to have another one starting next August.

Thanks

Sorry to hear that. So you are having MI's even after being on the coumidin? And it would not be safe to go off it long enough for a pregnancy, eh? That is a big blow for someone who wants kids. I'm glad you were able to have the first two.

I am in the blood clot camp too. My rheum. suggested starting on coumidin right away, but agreed to try just asprin first. I was in total shock about the whole diagnosis at the time so I sort of freaked out about the coumidin - both my parents are/were on it. I don't know for sure if I have ever had a clot - it's likely that my spine issues were caused by one, but there is no way to be sure I guess. I am trying to convince myself that it's no big deal, and better than having strokes and heart attacks. I guess I will find out when I see him again in June whether the aspirin is thinning my blood enough to be safe or not.

Thanks

I've been taking aspirin since my first heart attack. Hm?? Also, it takes a little while to become theraputic with the coumadin and my second heart attack occured only 1 week after beginning the coumadin.

It would not be safe at all to come off the coumadin to have another baby. Also the birth defects related with coumadin make it impossible to even think of having another one. So, luckily I have 3 and I am thankful.

I really haven't seen any side effects of coumadin though I know there are some. But best of all, I feel like I have peace of mind...maybe its false hope, but I have it and I know I wouldn't if I weren't on the coumadin. Hope this helps your decision some. Good Luck.

Thanks

Oops - I thought I read you had two - didn't mean to leave anyone out when I said that. ops: