Thread: How long does your Malar Rash last?

Thanks

Default How long does your Malar Rash last?

I'm pretty sure I get a malar rash, but it's difficult to say because I have fair skin that is flushed easily, and the majority of my cheeks become bright pink and flushed with heat, cold or sunlight...it's only when this flushing passes over my nose and down the sides of my mouth that I think it may be the Malar Rash. Sometimes it is hot and I feel as though I'm burning up, others I have no heat but to look at me you'd think I'd just run a marathon!

So, I'm just wondering how long yours lasts for....Minutes? Hours? Days? Weeks?

Looking forward to your responses, thankyou

Thanks

Hi Shine,

My rash lasts for days even weeks. It depends on what I've been doing. If I've been in the sun, it gets worse. It looks like I'm blushing or have bad sunburn sometimes. My mom commented one day that I had sunburn. I shook my head and told her no, it's the rash. She's still learning

Blessings, Love & Aloha,
    Ty
    "Kindness is just love with its work boots on"...

"No man stands so tall as when he stoops to help a child." Abraham Lincoln

Thanks

Mine is more pronounced in winter,and it never goes away completely.
    I am your typical pale faced irish man with freckles so I have always sunburned very easily.
    So the least bit of sun or wind turns me red which helps to disguise the malar rash.

tgal is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Solar System
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,741 Times in 1,211 Posts

Every persons seems to be a bit different and not all people even have the rash. Best thing to do is take pictures of it when you have it so you can show it to your doctor on your next visit
    Mari

Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.

~Winston Churchill~

5. The Following User Says Thank You to tgal For This Useful Post:

chinadoll (01-08-2012)

Blog Entries
    Thanks

The type of rash I get on y face doesn't seem like the typical malar rash but I'm learning that nothing is really typical with lupus. One side of my cheek will lOok like someone slapped me and be flushed for a few hours and then goes away. Ive only had this happen a handful of times but it's noticeable enough for people to ask what happened to me... It's never lasted more then a few hours though. I am a very fair skinned, freckled Irish girl so it is noticeably when I have it.

Thanks

My rash is always there, though it does fade and get worse. It does seem to get worse right before I start having a flare of pain

Thanks

Mine appears anytime that I am physically or emotionally stressed and it fades after I settle down and rest.
    Just the stress of cooking a nice dinner will make my cheeks flare up. After a bit of rest on the couch, it's gone.
    Hugs,
    Marla