Thread: New Forum section idea

Thanks

Default New Forum section idea

I think a forum section about relationships might be a good idea...I know personally lupus effects my relationships both romantically and family wise as well. just a thought.

Also a venting forum is helpful there once was a site I belonged to years ago and they had one and it was great sometimes you just need to vent about lupus or other stuff
    Blessings and Love,
    Stefanie

"Fom the bitterness of disease man learns the sweetness of health". -Catalan Proverb

"You must tolerate that which you cannot change. "

tgal is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Solar System
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,732 Times in 1,205 Posts

Hi There! I think the relationship thing is a good idea. The first thing I would like to know is if other members feel that this kind of thread would be beneficial to them. Come on guys and gals... opinions please!

As for the venting section, that is what Laurie's lounge is there for. It is for anything you want to talk about. Lupus or non Lupus related.

Thanks for the idea!
    Last edited by tgal; 01-08-2012 at 07:04 PM.
    Mari

Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.

~Winston Churchill~

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,571 Times in 1,074 Posts

i noticed no-one has commented........

i have a fear it could be mis understood.
    i am happy for it to happen, but with guidelines.

now it is up to you other people.....
    add your opinions please.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to steve.b For This Useful Post:

tgal (01-10-2012)

Blog Entries
    Thanks

I know we use Laurie Lounge to talk about our relationships. Maybe we do need a specific section for that. The lounge has been doing a great job so far but if others think we should be more specific, I wouldn't be against it. I know I've spent way too much time in the lounge bemoaning my relationships with my family and I do thank you all for your support!
    "I'm going to get healthy or die trying"

Thanks

I haven't commented here because I have a generally supportive family (kids live in other states, thank goodness) and a very supportive hubby. My biggest complaint about him lately is that he's so deep in his research, he never comes up for air.
    I do support the idea of a new thread for it, though. It might be comforting to a newbie who is having family relationship problems to immediately see where to go for the threads about the subject.
    Just my two cents!
    Hugs,
    Marla

Thanks

I support the idea of a relationship thread. I think Marla is exactly right about it being helpful for newbies.
    For many people one of the most difficult aspects of Lupus is their relationship with family and friends.
    Sue

'Friends are like stars.....You don't always see them, but you know they are there.'

Thanks

As A newbie, I would love a relationships thread. I have been searching the forums, looking for information and general ideas on the relationship end of things. Since this is all new to me, it is a huge part of my current stress. Not just with my husband but with my entire family. On top of trying to figure this disease out, if one ever can, I am also having to figure out the relationship aspect from others perspectives.

On a side note, I cannot tell you all THANK YOU enough. This forum is a God send. I still feel like garbage, but my heart is a little calmer now that I found you guys.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Trish91171 View Post
    As A newbie, I would love a relationships thread. I have been searching the forums, looking for information and general ideas on the relationship end of things. Since this is all new to me, it is a huge part of my current stress. Not just with my husband but with my entire family. On top of trying to figure this disease out, if one ever can, I am also having to figure out the relationship aspect from others perspectives.

On a side note, I cannot tell you all THANK YOU enough. This forum is a God send. I still feel like garbage, but my heart is a little calmer now that I found you guys.

I agree. It would help open our eyes and realize certain problems. I personally dont have family and friends i can go to when it comes to relationships.
    (I know i havent been on here for a while. Its been rough these past few months but i would like to really be apart of this forum. By the way i think this is the only helpful, interesting forum i came across :-D)
    Diagnosed with Lupus July 19, 2011 Lupus nephritis stage 3 and taking 20mg prednisone, IV Retuxan and citoxan once a month.
    Vitamin D 50,000uI,1000Mg cellcept,5Mg lisinopril,200Mg labetalol,325 Mg ferrous sulfate

rob is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the World
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,103 Times in 628 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by FranzeeSmith View Post
    I agree. It would help open our eyes and realize certain problems. I personally dont have family and friends i can go to when it comes to relationships.
    (I know i havent been on here for a while. Its been rough these past few months but i would like to really be apart of this forum. By the way i think this is the only helpful, interesting forum i came across :-D)
    I think instead of a relationship thread, a relationship forum would work better. We do have quite a few posts here concerning the subject, so I think we could justify creating a forum just for that. As it is now, all the relationship type posts are mixed in with everything else in multiple forums. Consolidating it all would make it easier to read and follow.

Let me run it by the boss, and see if it can be done.

Rob

tgal is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Solar System
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,732 Times in 1,205 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by rob View Post
    I think instead of a relationship thread, a relationship forum would work better. We do have quite a few posts here concerning the subject, so I think we could justify creating a forum just for that. As it is now, all the relationship type posts are mixed in with everything else in multiple forums. Consolidating it all would make it easier to read and follow.

Let me run it by the boss, and see if it can be done.

Rob
    That's what they were talking about. I was just to foggie to correct it! Thanks for being more on your toes than I, rob
    Mari

Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.

~Winston Churchill~