Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Well. I'm still pregnant

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Default Well. I'm still pregnant

Hi . I think the last time I posted I was 8 weeks. I am 17 weeks pregnant now. So far so good. I have a second level sonogram on Tuesday.
    I have to admit I have had a lot more anxiety this time around with pregnancy and getting all of my bodily functions to cooperate has been a joke.
    I rarely have joint pains but I do still struggle with fatigue.
    I'm kind of nervous about the next 20 weeks and how they will go, getting the stuff we need for the new arrival, etc. I had some recent increased stressed because of dealing with disability discrimination at work but I'm trying to learn how to quit worrying so much about stuff I can't change.
    I live in a very pro-life state that seems to be full of pro-life people unless you're someone with a disability that is pregnant then .. you know.. you're not deserving of any kind of joy for your new life.

Hormones are running high so the filter for my mouth is a little broken... sorry
    32 YO Wife, Mother and Advocate
    Lupus - Subclavian Bypass May of 2009. Ectopic Lentis, Scoliosis(not lupus related)
    Current medications: Aspirin, Plaquenil, multi vitamins, folic acid, Methotrexate, Tramadol PRN

You can find me on facebook at www.facebook.com/sororenotis
    Please tell me you are from here and who you are if you add me there.

I work full time and Leader for International Autoimmune Arthritis Movement
    http://www.iaamovement.org/

Thanks

i am so glad your pregnancy is progressing well. try not to worry you do not need stress when carrying a baby please keep us informed hugs

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,641 Times in 1,127 Posts

thank you for sharing.
    i was starting to wonder,as i had not heard.
    i am so happy for you.
    enjoy every day.

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

I am happy to hear that things are still going well with the pregnancy. I do hope that you do not allow yourself to get too stressed about the disability in a rather uncaring atmosphere. Don't give up the fight, but don't allow it to affect your health or your pregnancy.
    Again..congratulations!

Peace and Blessings
    Namaste
    Saysusie
    Look For The Good and Praise It!

Thanks

Hey Girl!
    Yay! I'm so glad to here from you again and to know that you and the baby are doing well so far. I was wondering and worrying about you.
    LOL - it sounds like the hormones are in full swing. You're right - you do need to not stress out about work. I've lived in that state, too. I know exactly how it can be.

My advice - go to Whole Foods and buy yourself some loose leaf raspberry tea. Midwives suggest it as a pregnancy tea and a uterine toner. It DOES NOT have any contra-indications with any meds, any more than drinking any black tea, so don't worry about that. I always found it to be very soothing when I drank it. You might want to keep a thermos of it at work, and sip a cup when things get stressful.

Please do keep us informed about your pregnancy - I think that many of us here enjoy being cyber aunties and uncles.
    Hugs,
    Marla

Blog Entries
    Thanks

So happy for you!
    Thanks for checking in
    Hope you can keep the stressers at bay and don't worry you will be ready no matter when the baby comes
    Everyday holds the possibility of a Miracle

SLE, Nephritis, Raynaud's, previous ITP
    Plaquenil, baby aspirin, Flinstones vitamins

Thanks

I am glad to hear, that you and your baby are doing well.
    I wish, I could send some of my " I don't give a damn, about what other people think" attitute. But I think this attitute came with age, I am 56 now and I couldn't care less about, what people think about me. Just think, that none of these people have ever walked in your shoes.
    Keep us updated about the baby. Will you find out the sex, at your next ultra sound?

Debbie
    I may have been dealt a bad hand, but at least I'm still playing with a full deck. ( most of the time anyway).

Thanks

AWWWWWW, I'm so happy to hear things are going WELL!!!! WOO HOO!!!!! Keep us informed when you can!!!
    We Live in a MORTAL, FRAIL, IMPERFECT world in which the word "FAIR" doesn't always apply.Make EVERY MOMENT COUNT with the ones you LOVE because it can end in the blink of an eye. Love, Jeannette

Blog Entries
    Thanks

So happy for you.

lots of love.xxxx
    I am still here,just been on new meds so unable to function like i used to.I will pop back,just know im thinking of you all and hoping you are keeping on keeping on.xxxxxxx

Thanks

So happy for you. Sorry about the stress. Try to concentrate on the happy thoughts of the little one who will soon be joining your family.

I always watch for you as I have a June baby too. He is 3 now so it wasn't so long ago I was at the same stage of pregnancy at this time of the year as you. I wish you nothing but happiness...oh and don't worry about the filter...hormones are a great excuse for losing it from time to time.