Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: please dont judge me i am just curious and i plan on talking with my dr about this

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rob View Post
    Thanks for the info Jim,

There are two people in my MS support group who were prescribed the medical grade MJ for pain from peripheral neuropathy, and as an appetite stimulant. They say it works really well, with few negative side effects. If my own peripheral neuropathy problems from MS and lack of appetite were to get worse than they already are, I would give the stuff a try. I didn't realize that it can be a sleep aid. I also have a terrible time sleeping, and nothing so far has helped, so that's another reason to consider the MJ option for me.

Rob
    Oh crap(sorry), if it is an appetite stimulant, I don't need it.lol

Debbie
    I may have been dealt a bad hand, but at least I'm still playing with a full deck. ( most of the time anyway).

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to debbie-b For This Useful Post:

NaturalMystic (01-07-2012), tgal (01-07-2012)

tgal is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Solar System
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,741 Times in 1,211 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by debbie-b View Post
    Oh crap(sorry), if it is an appetite stimulant, I don't need it.lol

Debbie
    LOL I am with you on that one, Deb!
    Mari

Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.

~Winston Churchill~

Thanks

You can all believe me when I say I would much rather not have to take any type of medicine and go back to working my butt off and with whats left see how hard you can go play and have a good time doing it all. Boy oh boy do I miss snowmobiling, hiking/backpacking, working 24/7 when the big storms come through. I guess just having my old life back. Waaaaaaaaa, I'll quit whining now:~}
    Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of mercies and God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our tribulations, that we may be able to comfort those who are in any trouble, with the comfort wich we ourselves are comforted by God. 2 Corinthians 1:3

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to scubagramplit For This Useful Post:

Nonna (02-04-2012), tgal (01-07-2012)

Thanks

I ditto not needing the appetite stimulant lol
    "Kindness is just love with its work boots on"...

"No man stands so tall as when he stoops to help a child." Abraham Lincoln

Thanks

Have had my second appt. with my new rheumy and we had a really good discussion on this. When asked what all I am using it for I explained using it for pain, anxiety, insomnia, appetight stimulant & nausea. I told him about making an extract for when the fibro pain is really having a good time with me and I rub just a little bit in my neck, low back and hips. It relieves the pain and allows me to sleep. I am very happy with the herbal extract which you can take orally also. the doc said he would rather see me getting loaded up on this than pain killers and muscle relaxers. He also said that he believes that the medical comunity should do more research in this area. No this wasn't some young new guy, he was an old fart, older than me:~}
    Kinda interesting on a side note. I was checking out a story about juicing marijuana. wow. sounds promising but then again don't alot of ideas. and the amount you would have to have fresh, not dry, every day even in a state where it is legal would still not be practical to grow. With the juicing you do not get the high they said. there was a particular makeup of the plant, I cant remember what it was called, I think CBD, but it sounds like this is the stuff they need to look at for autoimmune diseases.
    Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of mercies and God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our tribulations, that we may be able to comfort those who are in any trouble, with the comfort wich we ourselves are comforted by God. 2 Corinthians 1:3

Blog Entries
    Thanks

One day at a rheumi appt, i sat next to a lady who had lupus.She asked me if the doc had given me the dx of lupus yet....i told her no.She smiled and as we talked she said you know what i find helpful.....she also said the same as you....so it must help. I dont know any contacts so never have tried it myself....but she said for her it helps also.She was on the plaquenil like me and other meds too.

love
    Amanda.xxx
    I am still here,just been on new meds so unable to function like i used to.I will pop back,just know im thinking of you all and hoping you are keeping on keeping on.xxxxxxx

Thanks

I read an article recently that said that a research group in Europe had made a breakthrough with making a prescription quality drug from the natural THC in pot. The article mentioned that the current prescription was an artificial form of the key ingredients.
    It could get interesting if they are successful at formulating and marketing this.
    Hugs,
    Marla

Thanks

I have had some *cough* experience in this area....

If you are after marijuana for therapeutic use, don't smoke it. Not only do you get all the lung damage (worse than smoking), you get a short sharp high, with some medical relief. That's because the THC (most active ingredient) goes straight through the lungs into the bloodstream, but doesn't last long.

You need to EAT marijuana to get the slow, steady pain relief without blurring your mind. Slowly digesting the THC and having your liver process it changes it's effects.

However marijuana is yucky and twiggy, unless you can afford resin. The best way to deal with this is to get the THC out of the organic matter. THC is fat soluble, so it's easy to put into butter or oil.

You can mash the weed and then slowly panfry it in butter, strain the butter and you'll be left with greenish butter you can bake and cook with. I know some people extract it into peanut butter.

Or add weed to some high-quality olive oil, put it in the bottom of a wardrobe for a month, shaking every few days. The THC will slowly leak out into the oil. Salad dressing, anyone?

Also this means you won't have bundles of green stuff lying around to raise the suspicious of nosey neighbours. Baking freezes very well......
    Before you diagnose yourself with depression or low self-esteem, first make sure that you are not, in fact, just surrounded by a-holes.

rob is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the World
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,105 Times in 628 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by brandywine View Post
    Or add weed to some high-quality olive oil, put it in the bottom of a wardrobe for a month, shaking every few days. The THC will slowly leak out into the oil. Salad dressing, anyone?
    Fettucini Al-Ganja!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rob View Post
    Fettucini Al-Ganja!
    Rob,
    LOL! I have never tried the stuff, but if I do, that's the way I would do it!
    Hugs,
    Marla