Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: please dont judge me i am just curious and i plan on talking with my dr about this

Thanks

Default please dont judge me i am just curious and i plan on talking with my dr about this

i have in the past smoked marijuana for the muscle and joint pain before i was diagnosed with subacute cutaneous lupus i am just curious as to how many in the WHL family here have smoked marijuana while talking plaquenil i am on a low dose for the winter months one every other day and i am experiencing muscle and joint pain more frequently i have a drs appointment soon and i will bring it to his attention just curious if anyone here smokes while talking plaquenil you can pm me privately if you like i know it isnt a subject that everyone wishes to talk freely about i was a little nervous to post this myself ..

Thanks

Hey Tammy,
    We never judge people here, so ask anything.
    If you search some of the old threads, we've had some lively discussions here about medical marijuana. I've never tried it in my life, but we do have some members who have.
    I've read that some folks with MS have had much success with it. Now that we live in CA, I would love to give it a try (in brownies - can't stand smoke), but my hubby is a military officer and he freaks out at the very idea of bringing it into the house. I'm allergic to all opioids, and I have lots of gastric problems from NSAIDs, so I really don't have anything that I can take for pain. I really do wonder if MJ would help.
    It is a good idea to discuss it with your doc. I don't know if it would have any bad reactions with Plaquenil. I drink wine in the evening to help with my leg spasms, and I take my Plaquenil in the morning. We've had a few discussions here about alcohol, too. My doc, and the docs of some of the others, are ok with drinking, as long as we space it out from the time that we take our meds. Perhaps it will be the same for MJ. I would suggest this to the doc if I were you.
    Let us know what your doc says.
    Hugs,
    Marla

Thanks

Hello Tammy,

I'm not on any medications myself right now or know a lot about plaquenil, but if your doctor agrees with you, then why not? Do what you have to for you.

I've known a few people who have smoked marijuana for other medical reasons and they have all told me it has helped them tremendously. I know it's an illegal drug, but I'm sure you're not going to smoke it with the intention of getting high.

Hoping you feel better soon! (((gentle hugs)))

Blessings, Love & Aloha,
    Ty
    "Kindness is just love with its work boots on"...

"No man stands so tall as when he stoops to help a child." Abraham Lincoln

Thanks

thank you for not judging i am going to speak with him and ill come back with a report on what he said thank you

rob is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the World
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,105 Times in 628 Posts

Hi Tammy,

Don't worry, as Marla has mentioned, we've had some good, lively discussions about this subject here before, so nobody is going to judge you.

To quote Jeff Spicoli-

"A friend with weed, is a friend indeed!"

Attachment 4483
    Last edited by rob; 01-06-2012 at 08:18 AM.

Thanks

You know what? I would not judge you either, even though I am strictly against any kind of drugs.
    BUT if I could get a prescription for it, I would try it. I had to stop MTX, because of very bad liver enzymes, I have been without any meds for a couple of months now and I am in constant pain. I have been feeling lousy and my rheumy is afraid to try anything new, because my liver is pretty bad right now.
    So even I, a def. anti drug fanatic, would take it, if the rheumy could prescribe it for me. I think it is worth a try.

Debbie
    I may have been dealt a bad hand, but at least I'm still playing with a full deck. ( most of the time anyway).

Thanks

OK, here goes my story. By the way Rob, love it, like party on dude:~} Any way, groing up I was no stranger to marijuana, children those days, any way upon returning back Oregon and talking with my pcp, who's only concern when I see him is am I sleeping and walking?, any way on the sleeping issue we went around using trazadone and cloneazapam, not good results with niether. His response was I don't know what to do for you then. I tried the medical marijuana and wow, I'm getting eight hours of sleep a night plus. I just made an extract that I have been wanting to try for pain[the extract consists of just vegetable glycerin and the herb of choice] and I am pleasantly surprised. My new rheumy started me on flexerill which I tried for three nights with varying degrees of success and then about four nights ago the pain through my back from head to butt was unbareable, I took an oxycodone to get through it otherwise I was going to go to the ER. Last night that pain started coming back and I was getting ready for another terrible night when I rubbed the extract on the back of my neck, my low back and hips. I was able to sleep very well all night. I would recomend checking with youre state laws. pm me if you need to, may be I can help with recources.
    Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of mercies and God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our tribulations, that we may be able to comfort those who are in any trouble, with the comfort wich we ourselves are comforted by God. 2 Corinthians 1:3

rob is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the World
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,105 Times in 628 Posts

Thanks for the info Jim,

There are two people in my MS support group who were prescribed the medical grade MJ for pain from peripheral neuropathy, and as an appetite stimulant. They say it works really well, with few negative side effects. If my own peripheral neuropathy problems from MS and lack of appetite were to get worse than they already are, I would give the stuff a try. I didn't realize that it can be a sleep aid. I also have a terrible time sleeping, and nothing so far has helped, so that's another reason to consider the MJ option for me.

Rob

tgal is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Solar System
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,741 Times in 1,211 Posts

I think that the most important thing that a person with an autoimmune disorder must do is talk to their doctor about it. I will never judge anyone for their choices but I can't help them make them when it comes to things being used as medicine. Always, always talk to your doctor before making any changes to your meds on your own (and I do consider alcohol and pot as meds)

Having said that... I also believe we should have open minds and allow us anything that will help once the doctor as approved
    Mari

Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.

~Winston Churchill~

10. The Following User Says Thank You to tgal For This Useful Post:

chinadoll (01-07-2012)

Thanks

yea Rob, I am learning what works better for sleep for appetite for anxiety, who knew
    Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of mercies and God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our tribulations, that we may be able to comfort those who are in any trouble, with the comfort wich we ourselves are comforted by God. 2 Corinthians 1:3