Thread: college girl problems ...anyone else ?

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Default college girl problems ...anyone else ?

heyy everyone !
    my name is ashley, i'm 19 years old and i just started my second semester of sophomore year at the University of Pittsburgh !
    i was just wondering if anyone else has lupus related problems caused by school work/ stress?

i just recently pulled through a flare. i haven't had a flare since my original one that came with my diagnosis....which was almost three years ago.
    i was highly upset. and not only was it a flare, but it also caused me to have costochondritis ...which REALLY sucks !
    so yeah, i was just curious if anyone else has had problems before or currently.
    hope to talk to you guys soon !

Ashley
    I'm Not Crazy, I'm Just A Little Lupie!

Thanks

Most of my flares are either brought on by stress or made worse by stress. School is one of my biggest stressors lol so yes definately.
    "A bad cold wouldn't be so annoying if it weren't for the advice of our friends."~ Kin Hubbard

Diagnosed: SLE, Raynauds, InterstitialLung Disease, GERD, Myositis, Vasculitis, Possible Sjogrens.
    Medications: 400mg Plaquenil, 2000mg Cellcept, 10mg Norvasc, Nitroglycerin Patch, 20mg Prilosec, 10mg Flexeril, 4mg Medrol, 81mg Asprin.

Thanks

Even though I don't go to school anymore, my ONLY stressor is work, physically and mentally.
    I have a very quiet homelife and adult children, who are all doing well.

Debbie
    I may have been dealt a bad hand, but at least I'm still playing with a full deck. ( most of the time anyway).

Thanks

Ashley,
    School can be a huge stress for teachers, too! I was living in a constant state of stress when I was teaching - lesson plans, grading, teaching 6 classes, going to many meetings (often about special ed kids), and all of the extra paperwork that the administration piles on teachers causes an unbelievable amount of stress. I loved my students and I loved teaching, but it got to be too much for me when the AI issues reared their ugly heads.

I hope that you can have an easier semester this time. Pace yourself - and take some time to rest and enjoy life when you need it.
    Hugs,
    Marla

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Ashley,

Im sorry you have been through a flare recently,but stress is a major factor.Like Marla said pace yourself with your studying,do little and often instead of maybe doing it all in one go.I hope it is easing and you are resting where you can. I know it must be so annoying for this to happen after such a long time,but know it will pass and those good days will come back.Take it easy.Thinking of you.
    Lots of love
    Amanda.xxxx
    I am still here,just been on new meds so unable to function like i used to.I will pop back,just know im thinking of you all and hoping you are keeping on keeping on.xxxxxxx

Blog Entries
    Thanks

YES! college is very stressful. Just make sure and listen to your body, also you should if it starts to get too much talk to your professors. It might not make a difference in school work but at least they will know and some might be sympathetic enough to give you some slack on a bad lupus day.

Thanks

I'm doing part time right now so i don't get flare up, and most of the classes are online