Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Conflicting Doctors

Thanks

Thank you, Ty! You will see as we get to know each other that I can get pretty wordy. But I love being here and feeling like a part of a family. I will be praying that you get better and that your doctors will treat you with the respect you deserve. Oh...and even if you don't get a "label", don't give up. You AREN'T crazy!!!
    May today bring you joy, freedom from pain, and abundance of blessings!

Kathie Lea

“If the Lord be with us, we have no cause of fear. His eye is upon us, His arm over us, His ear open to our prayer--His grace sufficient, His promises unchangeable.”~John Newton (1725 - 1807)~

2. The Following User Says Thank You to chinadoll For This Useful Post:

Desleywr (01-11-2012)

Thanks

I too had a doctor tell me that there was absolutely no way I had Lupus and she would do her own blood work and prove it. You are right, there is no one test that says you do or do not have Lupus. I realized that I know my body better than someone who only met me once. Find someone who will listen to you. I am in the process of finding another doctor simply because mine won't find the time to see me when I am hurting the most. I have a pain management doctor who has done more to help me than anyone and he does include fibro meds too.

Hang in there.
    Melanie

Thanks

Marla, I can't imagine someone actually saying that to your face!! Unfortunately there are too many doctors that are closed-minded and won't listen. I hope you can come back to San Antonio and get the help you need from the doctors there!
    May today bring you joy, freedom from pain, and abundance of blessings!

Kathie Lea

“If the Lord be with us, we have no cause of fear. His eye is upon us, His arm over us, His ear open to our prayer--His grace sufficient, His promises unchangeable.”~John Newton (1725 - 1807)~

Thanks

Hi mdawncooper,

Thank you for your support! This has been a confusing journey. I'm thankful my GP/PCP is so pro-active with getting me help. I hope we can come to a definite diagnosis soon because I don't know how much longer I can go with all of this pain.

Good luck finding a new doctor!

Thanks again!

Blessings, Love & Aloha,
    Ty
    "Kindness is just love with its work boots on"...

"No man stands so tall as when he stoops to help a child." Abraham Lincoln

Thanks

I called the Rheumy today to find out the results of my blood test. The nurse said my bloodwork came back normal (I noticed the Rheumy checked for Sjogren's. At least that's one less disorder off the list), but I still have an elevated ANA. She asked if I understand what having an elevated ANA meant, to which I replied yes. She then told me I would have to go to my regular doctor to get help.

A little frustrated at the moment. My anxiety has been really bad lately and I get to the point of almost having a panic attack. So not fun. This frustration with lack of help from the Rheumy is adding to it. I will definitely be asking my PCP about getting a second opinion.

Thank you all for your replies and support! I really apreciate it knowing that you all understand what I'm going through.

Blessings, Love & Aloha,
    Ty
    "Kindness is just love with its work boots on"...

"No man stands so tall as when he stoops to help a child." Abraham Lincoln