Thread: Crohn's disease

Thanks

Default Crohn's disease

My doctor what to do more test in the week, She told me I may have CD along with Lupus. What I have never heard anyone with Lupus and CD. Is this true can a person who has Lupus also get CD??
    Hugs
    Liz
    Diagnosed with SLE Lupus May 2nd 2011. I am taken Plaquenil, Pain Killers, muscle relaxers.

Thanks

Its an AI disease and they all go hand in hand sometimes. Here's a link from the LFAs website. http://www.lupus.org/webmodules/weba...321&zoneid=526
    "A bad cold wouldn't be so annoying if it weren't for the advice of our friends."~ Kin Hubbard

Diagnosed: SLE, Raynauds, InterstitialLung Disease, GERD, Myositis, Vasculitis, Possible Sjogrens.
    Medications: 400mg Plaquenil, 2000mg Cellcept, 10mg Norvasc, Nitroglycerin Patch, 20mg Prilosec, 10mg Flexeril, 4mg Medrol, 81mg Asprin.

Thanks

Hi Liz,
    Thinking of you. Ritz is right - it seems that any AI disease can accompany Lupus. They like to travel in packs.
    I have a friend in San Antonio who has SD. She takes her meds, is careful to not eat the things that she knows will trigger it and here's the strange thing - she claims that drinking aloe vera juice daily seems to help her a lot.
    I hope this helps.
    Hugs,
    Marla

tgal is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Solar System
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,742 Times in 1,211 Posts

As the others have said, the majority of us end up with multiple AI diseases. Bowel issues, such as IBD or CD are VERY common in people with Lupus. They know that I have IBS and believe that I have CD but I can't afford the testing. What we do know is that I have, along with SLE Lupus, Discoid Lupus, seizures, Raynauds, vasculitis, APS, fibro and a slew of other Autoimmune diseases. I like the way Marla says it "They travel in packs". The good news is that many of these are treated basically the same way so helping one often helps several.
    Mari

Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.

~Winston Churchill~

Thanks

I was hoping you guys would tell me no that doesn't work like that. I have really bad cramps, pain and (Sorry to sound gross) Black tar BM. I am not looking forward to the test I just hope it comes back not CD. I guess I have to bite and get it done. Why does Lupus need there friends?
    Thanks everyone and for the link. I let you know
    Hugs
    Liz
    Diagnosed with SLE Lupus May 2nd 2011. I am taken Plaquenil, Pain Killers, muscle relaxers.

Thanks

When do you get the test done?
    "A bad cold wouldn't be so annoying if it weren't for the advice of our friends."~ Kin Hubbard

Diagnosed: SLE, Raynauds, InterstitialLung Disease, GERD, Myositis, Vasculitis, Possible Sjogrens.
    Medications: 400mg Plaquenil, 2000mg Cellcept, 10mg Norvasc, Nitroglycerin Patch, 20mg Prilosec, 10mg Flexeril, 4mg Medrol, 81mg Asprin.

Thanks

I agree with Ritzbit , Marla and Tgal. I remember when I first joined WHL, Carlotta ("Saysusie") informed me of "piggyback" illnesses that come along with the lupus at some point. Mine started as RA, THEN i got Raynauds, Lupus, Fibromyalgia ....... and the most recent, Multiple Sclerosis. Sorry you feel bad Liz! Yeah, Lupus doesnt have verty nice friends huh! UGH!
    We Live in a MORTAL, FRAIL, IMPERFECT world in which the word "FAIR" doesn't always apply.Make EVERY MOMENT COUNT with the ones you LOVE because it can end in the blink of an eye. Love, Jeannette

Thanks

I haven't called in, I know what is going to come out of your mouths I am so tried of being probe or poked. I feel like a test subjact but I will call in soon. Beside pain and swelling I had a wonderful day.. Sadly don't know how or when that will last.

Lucky ( Sorry I am no longer good with names :-( ) I had believe I had MS. I may still do or later on get it who knows.
    Hugs
    Liz

Thanks

AWWWWW Liz, I DO understand the tired of being poked and proded thing! I was supposed to get more tests done in Dec. BUT i NEEDED a BREAK, so i was supposed to go back Jan. 3rd BUT i had to reschedule THAT ONE because im getting over a BAD COLD! UGH! So now i go back Feb 3d! My drs pretty pisssed, but i figure whats a couple more months. Bad way to think though with our illnesses. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE get back in there. Black Tary stool is NOT GOOD. LOVE YOU and GOOD LCUK!!! XXXOOO
    We Live in a MORTAL, FRAIL, IMPERFECT world in which the word "FAIR" doesn't always apply.Make EVERY MOMENT COUNT with the ones you LOVE because it can end in the blink of an eye. Love, Jeannette