Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Surprise in shower can't feel hot water?

rob is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the World
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,103 Times in 628 Posts

My MS diagnosis happened pretty quickly. I had an MRI that showed enough white matter lesions for them to do further nerve conduction and other tests, and sure enough, it turned out to be MS overlapping with SLE. The whole process took a couple of months. This diagnosis was far more straightforward and faster than my SLE diagnosis.

A couple of good things about MS, are that there are many treatment options to choose from, and most of them work very quickly, and also work remarkably well.

I've also learned that living with two autoimmune disorders isn't that different from living with one.

I hope you find some answers Desley,

Rob

2. The Following User Says Thank You to rob For This Useful Post:

Desleywr (01-10-2012)

Thanks

I have spoken to the Neuro and she said that is sounded more like Lupus issue as last MRI was only last August (when all was well and in remission for a fee mths). So spoke with rhumy and he said not lupus neuro go back to neuro to see if MS. Back on mery go round! I will phone her again tomorrow and see if I can contact her. At least being on the plaquinel I have noticed my rashes have decreased.

I will tell more when I know more I wouldn't hold your breath!
    Desley
    For every dark cloud there is a silver lining!
    Diagnosed: Lupus; mesenteric panniculitis; fat nacrosis;

Thanks

Desley,
    I get this, too. The docs love to try to hand me off on each other. The PCP says it's not his territory, talk to the rheumy and then the rheumy tells me to talk to the PCP about it. I've just given up - as long as one of them keeps prescribing my Plaquenil and Pilocarpine, I just don't even try to ask questions anymore.
    Hugs,
    Marla

5. The Following User Says Thank You to magistramarla For This Useful Post:

Desleywr (01-10-2012)

Thanks

Thanks to all for your support!

I just spoke to the neuro and used a little reverse psychology. I made it clear to neuro that I had spoken to the rhumy and he had clearly said it was a neurological issue, and that I had a further incident that I had used a heat pack on my left leg and after a while I ran my hand down my leg and felt that the skin was burning and I could not feel it the rough my leg. She immediately mad an appointment for me to see her and told me to pre book the MRI. A great deal of relief! And my DH will be coming with me to reconfirm my lack of feeling to heat I have also noticed I don't feel the heat of food in my mouth so I am being extra cautious!

I will let you know how things go! Thanks again!
    Desley

Thanks

Had the visit pre MRI and no feeling in pin prick loss of strength in left leg etc etc so waiting results of MRI now see neuro on 24 feb. most seem to have eased off now so just waiting and waiting getting a little frustrated ow!
    Desley

tgal is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Solar System
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,732 Times in 1,205 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Desleywr View Post
    Had the visit pre MRI and no feeling in pin prick loss of strength in left leg etc etc so waiting results of MRI now see neuro on 24 feb. most seem to have eased off now so just waiting and waiting getting a little frustrated ow!
    Hey! At least it is a move forward! That is better then where you were!
    Mari

Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.

~Winston Churchill~

9. The Following User Says Thank You to tgal For This Useful Post:

Desleywr (02-15-2012)

Thanks

Desley,
    LOL, it seems that your bit of reverse psychology worked. The neuro is taking you seriously.
    I can't wait to read your report after the 24th.
    Hugs,
    Marla

11. The Following User Says Thank You to magistramarla For This Useful Post:

Desleywr (02-16-2012)

Thanks

Thanks Marla
    Yes can't wait. I have been off to the GP today and have been ordered to get an emergency wrist button band.... That can call emergency ambulance. Yesterday I couldn't get my heart rate from 49 above 56 . And the GP dr was not impressed that this happened for over 6hrs, as he said I should have gone to the emergency hospital. I didn't as my irregular heart beat was ok but he said this was not good! And gave me a little wrap on the knuckles. I have bought the phone and I am wearing my emergency band. For once doing what I am told. Just another scary thing. But thank goodness he gave clear direction.
    Desley

Thanks

Desley,
    That's kind of scary. Can those docs of yours possibly work together to come up with some answers and some ways to keep all of this under control?
    I know, we all dream of having a true team of doctors who actually talk to each other, but it never works that way.
    Keep us informed about how you are doing.
    Hugs,
    Marla

Thanks

Yes Marla
    I was told by my GP in a very discipline tone voice of control that he was taking over the coordination of my health and he is the boss. This is just what is needed and I had a great deal of relief. The only problem I have with that is he only works at the surgery for two days per week. I discussed with him how I felt lost while he was away for the month of January. He made arrangements for me to also see a lady dr as a back up dr for when he is not there. I felt so much better and safe, knowing that I had this back up GP and that he was going to coordinate and check everything including drugs. This has taken years to find him and I am so relieved. Thanks for your concern it means a lot to me.
    Desley