Thread: connective tissue disorder

Hybrid View

Thanks

Default connective tissue disorder

Is there a link with Hashi's? It is the only possible thing that could explain the pain I am in and my mixed blood results...on again off again results as per usual. Nothin special, nothing definite. Had enough though. Completely fed up. In so much pain and nothing touches it. Got some prednisolone so hopefully that helps.

rob is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the World
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,105 Times in 628 Posts

Hello Shine,

I don't have any experience with either MCTD or Hashimoto's. However, here is a quick link to a bunch of posts about Hashimoto's here onsite-

http://forum.wehavelupus.com/search....archid=2672927

You may find some useful info in some of these posts.

Hope this helps,

Rob

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rob For This Useful Post:

Saysusie (01-02-2012), Shine (01-02-2012)

tgal is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Solar System
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,742 Times in 1,211 Posts

Marla has MCTD. You might want to talk to her
    Mari

Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.

~Winston Churchill~

5. The Following User Says Thank You to tgal For This Useful Post:

Shine (01-02-2012)

Thanks

So sorry you are feeling this way Shine. It WILL get figured out believe it or not. We are here for you in the meantime. I too have blood work alll over the place. THat doesnt mean squat! One of my GOOD drs said "a GOOD dr wont look at blood work alone to diagnose a disease, because MANY times nothing shows up in the blood". Find THAT kind of dr to help you through. GOOD LUCK and keep us informed!
    We Live in a MORTAL, FRAIL, IMPERFECT world in which the word "FAIR" doesn't always apply.Make EVERY MOMENT COUNT with the ones you LOVE because it can end in the blink of an eye. Love, Jeannette

7. The Following User Says Thank You to lucky7 For This Useful Post:

Shine (01-02-2012)

Thanks

Shine,
    Yes, my great rheumy back in Texas called mine MCTD. I had the same problem that you are having with the rheumy before her - he kept saying that there was nothing definite, so there was nothing to treat until something emerged as a definite.
    The great rheumy looked at the results and told me that I was on the low end of positive for Lupus, RA and Psoriasis, with a slightly higher positive for Sjogren's. (I later had a lip biopsy at the Sjogren's center in SF that confirmed this - the score was a 1 - a low positive). I also have Meniere's, Spasmodic Dysphonia, some Raynaud's symptoms and spastic legs that might be spastic paraplegia. She looked at my symptoms overall, and noted that cumulatively, it was all making me pretty miserable, so of course, it should be treated.
    Unfortunately, we've moved and now I'm back to another rheumy who doubts it all.
    There are so many AI diseases, and it seems that MCTD can include just about any combination of them, so I wouldn't be surprised if Hashimoto's could be one of them.
    Hopefully, you can find a doc who can explain this and will treat you.
    Hugs,
    Marla

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to magistramarla For This Useful Post:

Saysusie (01-02-2012), Shine (01-02-2012), tgal (01-02-2012)

Thanks

Thanks guys, you are all great

I've spent some time going over old blood work and seen that the two results that keep standing out are:

ANA positive #1 pattern homogenous titre 1/640 (when titre of 160 or more has strong likelihood of SLE)
    and
    Anti dsDNA elevated at 14.3 (when <8.0 is considered normal)

Apparently this means nothing! Or according to the doctors I've seen anyway. Everything else is negative...serum RF, CRP, ENA, the lot!

I know it must mean *something* though....the hashimoto's and therefore hypothyroidism (responding well to meds) the blotchy face, the aching joints, exhausted muscles, extreme fatigue...and the ANA/dsDNA results. Back at docs again tomorrow for second lot of dsDNA results so fingers crossed something happens.

Last time I was there he put me on 25mg Solone for 10 days. Only been a few days so not felt any improvement yet but staying positive. I have to get better! Now my thryoid is up and running properly I feel mentally less exhausted, just want my body to catch up now,

Thanks again everyone and any ideas on what the bloodwork could mean would be great. Thankyou