Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hello, from North Texas!

Thanks

Cool Hello, from North Texas!

Hello everyone!
    I live in the beautiful state of Texas and while I am new to this forum, I am not so new to Lupus. In fact, I have had it for many years and have experienced just about the whole gamut of symptoms and struggles. I am currently suffering from an acute flare up of disease activity and it has taken quite a toll on me. I am unable to work anymore, but I would sure like to get involved in a group like this so that I can both give and receive support.

I am married, with a blended family that consists of 5 daughters, 14 grandchildren (with one on the way) and two great-grandchildren (but don't tell anyone because I'm not old enough to have great-grandchildren!). I don't know what I would do without my wonderful husband, who takes great care of me with kindess and compassion. As you know, Lupus is a difficult condition to live with and I feel blessed to see each day as it comes. I hope to hear from you, and look forward to getting to know you all better!

tgal is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Solar System
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,742 Times in 1,211 Posts

Welcome to WHL! So sorry to hear about your flare, I know how hard those are. I am so glad to hear that you have a wonderful support system at home. That is so helpful!

I look forward to getting to know you and, once again, welcome to the family!
    Mari

Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.

~Winston Churchill~

Thanks

Thank you! I am really looking forward to being involved as much as possible. I remember what it is like to have a new diagnosis, be flooded with questions and have no one to ask. Even after having a definitive diagnosis for a few years, I still have baffling symptoms...Lupus and other associated AI's are so confusing!! So it will be great to be a part of an online support "Family".

Thanks

Welcome to WHL!
    I used to live in San Antonio. The AF sent us to CA for three years, and we'll be going back to SA in a year or so.
    I also have five adult children, and we currently have three grandsons.
    I'm glad that you're here, and I'm looking forward to getting to know you.
    Hugs,
    Marla

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,633 Times in 1,120 Posts

hi chinadoll.
    welcome.
    i am glad you used the name family.....
    many of us call this our cyber family.

i too have a blended family.
    i amlooking forward to getting to know you.

again welcome.

Thanks

Welcome CHINADOLL!!!! I have to say that's a great name for you! Your skin is GORGEOUS!!! And by the way, a GRANDMOTHER? WOW! I would have never guessed! I'm sorry you have to join all us LUPIES with your OOKY disease BUT, Im glad you found us!!!!
    We Live in a MORTAL, FRAIL, IMPERFECT world in which the word "FAIR" doesn't always apply.Make EVERY MOMENT COUNT with the ones you LOVE because it can end in the blink of an eye. Love, Jeannette

7. The Following User Says Thank You to lucky7 For This Useful Post:

chinadoll (01-04-2012)

Thanks

welcome to whl

Thanks

Thank you everyone! You have all made me feel very welcome! I haven't been able to be online for a couple of days, so my today has been brightened by your responses. It is good to feel like I am a part of something really important and that I have an online place to call "home".

Be blessed!
    May today bring you joy, freedom from pain, and abundance of blessings!

Kathie Lea

“If the Lord be with us, we have no cause of fear. His eye is upon us, His arm over us, His ear open to our prayer--His grace sufficient, His promises unchangeable.”~John Newton (1725 - 1807)~

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Welcome to the online lupus family, I'm also from North Texas, Panhandle area.

tgal is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Solar System
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,742 Times in 1,211 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mica View Post
    Welcome to the online lupus family, I'm also from North Texas, Panhandle area.
    I was born in Slaton! Where are you?
    Mari

Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.

~Winston Churchill~