Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I'm back ! But sadly with bad news:(

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Unhappy I'm back ! But sadly with bad news:(

Hey everyone. I've made it back onto this site! But sadly I'm here because after almost three years of remission, I'm in a flare. Just in time for Christmas too...joy haha but I'm experiencing things I never have before. For example, I get an awful sharp pain In my head when I stand. Also my skin is really painful. I don't really know how to explain it. It's really weird. Has anyone ever experienced this? Any help would be great. Thankyou ps sorry if there are typos I missed. Typing this on my iPhone wasn't the smartest idea haha
    I'm Not Crazy, I'm Just A Little Lupie!

Thanks

(((Hugs)))

Definitely know what you're going through. I had a short "quiet period" before going back into a flare recently. The stress from Christmas doesn't help us at all, but it's kind of hard to avoid it during this time of year. It seems everyone is stressed for one reason or another.

I've never experienced sharp pain in my head when I stand, so I can't say much about that. But I do have issues with skin pain. It feels almost like my skin is on fire. Kind of like really bad sunburn and someone keeps rubbing my entire body. Then there are times when it feels like my skin is about to fall off. Not sure why it happens, but it's definitely something to bring up to your doctor. I've only just been diagnosed, so I'm still trying to learn as much as I can about this disease and other AI diseases.

Good luck finding relief!
    Have a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

Blessings, Love, and Aloha,
    Ty
    "Kindness is just love with its work boots on"...

"No man stands so tall as when he stoops to help a child." Abraham Lincoln

3. The Following User Says Thank You to NaturalMystic For This Useful Post:

Saysusie (12-24-2011)

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Oh im so sorry to here this my friend.Just rest and know eventually the good days will come back.thinking of you

Lots of love
    Amanda.xxxxx
    I am still here,just been on new meds so unable to function like i used to.I will pop back,just know im thinking of you all and hoping you are keeping on keeping on.xxxxxxx

Thanks

Ashley,
    Wow! It is so good to see you here again! The last time that I remember seeing you here, I think you were just getting started with college.
    Have you been stressed out with the end of the semester, thus bringing on this flare? How has school been going?
    I think that many of us here have experienced migraine-like headaches. Could your pains be something like that? Or, I wonder if it is the sign of something neurological?
    These are good questions for your rheumy.
    I've experienced lots of all-over skin itches. It gets so bad at night that I keep a bamboo back scratcher on the headboard for those middle of the night itchies.
    Glad to have you back - hope you stay!
    Hugs & Happy Holidays,
    Marla

Thanks

Hi Ashley! Sorry for the way you have been feeling! I have a multiple sclerosis diagnosis to add to my list and one of MY NEW symptoms is sharp pains in my head as well. There are a few things it could be, so get it checked out! I would get a T3 MRI hun to make sure you dont have any lesions or tumors!! A sharp pain can be a sign of something serious. Please ask your Dr for one! Let us know! LOVE YOU! XXXOOO
    We Live in a MORTAL, FRAIL, IMPERFECT world in which the word "FAIR" doesn't always apply.Make EVERY MOMENT COUNT with the ones you LOVE because it can end in the blink of an eye. Love, Jeannette

Blog Entries
    Thanks

sorry your going through this especially after a long remission. I do get that skin pain, my mom can't even touch me anymore because my skin is so sensitive and it hurts.

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

Hi Ashley..wow, this is a double edged sword. On the one hand, I am so glad to see you back with us. On the other hand, I am so sorry that you are in a flare after such a long period of remission.
    Like you, I get the sharp pain in my head and the skin issues (like a 2cnd or 3rd degree burn..it is painful to even be touched). Both of these symptoms are attributed to my Fibromyalgia, especially when it flares.
    I agree, it might be a very good idea for you to mention these symptoms to your doctor so that the underlying cause can be determined and treatment can be started. I truly hope that you start to feel better so that you can enjoy the holidays....

Peace and Blessings
    Namaste
    Saysusie
    Look For The Good and Praise It!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Saysusie For This Useful Post:

tgal (12-25-2011)

tgal is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Solar System
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,742 Times in 1,211 Posts

I was about to say just what Susie did. For me your mention of the skin pain gave it away. It is hard to even lean against a chair or be touched when my fibro is flaring. Mention it to your doctor. Hopefully he/she can find something to help!
    Mari

Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.

~Winston Churchill~

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,641 Times in 1,127 Posts

i have to agree with the other 2 ladies before me.

fibro was my first thought.

Blog Entries
    Thanks

yeah i was definitely stressed with finals and roommate issues during the semester, especially toward the end. so it probably contributed to my problems i'm having right now. when i webmd/google searched (which i know we shouldn't do, because it comes up with some horrible things ! haha) i was leaning towards fibro too. i told my mom i would call my doctor tomorrow and see what she says. she wanted to me to do it sooner, but i refused (even though i shouldn't have) until after christmas. now i'm also having lower back pain, weird abdominal pain and pain on the left side of my chest when i take a deep breath or lay down. that reminds me of when i had pericarditis. i would call my doctor today, but they aren't open because i guess they consider today a holiday too ? idk lol.
    i just wanna get to the bottom of this.
    I'm Not Crazy, I'm Just A Little Lupie!