Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Anxiety

Thanks

Thank you SO much, everyone. I think I'm still in this first stage, where learning as much as I can is both helping me and scaring me at the same time. It's only been a few months for me now, so I'm hoping that things will change with time, that my anxiety will slowly go away. I've been looking around and have myself on some waiting lists to speak with a counsellor face to face about all this stuff going on in my head, too. (The one I have now is short term and over the phone only. I do better face to face.) I'm also going to look into the local support group. I'm not sure how often it meets, but I know my rheumatologist gave me some information on it.

Again, thank you everyone. For your words, for your support. It means a lot.

Thanks

Hey Leah,

Dealing with anxiety myself. Not sure if it's caused by the Lupus, caused by the lack of a diagnosis of all of my symptoms over the years (until recently), or if it's caused by something else. I'm still trying to figure everything out and trying to learn as much as I can. So (((hugs))) - definitely know what you're going through! I'm happy to hear your Rheumy gave you information and you're looking into a counselor and support group! I hope things calm down for you!

Blessings, Love and Aloha,
    Ty
    "Kindness is just love with its work boots on"...

"No man stands so tall as when he stoops to help a child." Abraham Lincoln

Thanks

Therapy is a GREAT idea! IT HELPS ALOT! I also belong to a local support group and they are WONDERFUL! Unfortunately ANXIETY comes with the autoimmune territory! UGH! IT IS very overwhelming in the beginning, especially if you are dealing with IDIOT DRS. THAT right there makes you anxious. It sounds like you went through what i did TY. Years before getting a diagnosis. ITS NORMAL to be scared BUT i can say from being sick for a while now, that YOU WILL BE OK if you take care of yourself to the best of your ability. Lifestyle changes are a MUST! YOU WILL FEEL better for it! We are here to HELP and to EDUCATE! XXXOOO
    We Live in a MORTAL, FRAIL, IMPERFECT world in which the word "FAIR" doesn't always apply.Make EVERY MOMENT COUNT with the ones you LOVE because it can end in the blink of an eye. Love, Jeannette