Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: what do you guys take for cold's?

Thanks

Default what do you guys take for cold's?

I feel like I am coming down with a cold, sadly I can't trust a doctor. Is nightQ safe or something any help. Its just a common cold, but I want to kick it before it gets too bad.
    Hugs
    Liz
    Diagnosed with SLE Lupus May 2nd 2011. I am taken Plaquenil, Pain Killers, muscle relaxers.

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,641 Times in 1,127 Posts

i have found a good cold cure.

you need vitamin c tablets, garlic tablets and echinasia tablets.

take 3 tablets of each, three times a day for 2 days.

then take 3 tablets of each morning until cold is gone.

this kick starts part of your auto immune system, without affecting the rest of the system.

i do not know why it works...........but it does.

Thanks

thanks Steve I try that.
    Hugs
    Liz
    Diagnosed with SLE Lupus May 2nd 2011. I am taken Plaquenil, Pain Killers, muscle relaxers.

Thanks

I take a vitamin C (esther C) tablet every day with my multi-vitamin. I don't know if that is the reason, or if it's just my strange hyperactive immune system, but I haven't had a cold in many years. Other than the AI issues, I'm disgustingly healthy.
    I like Steve's treatment - sounds like it might keep vampires away, too - LOL!
    Hugs,
    Marla

Thanks

This is from the Johns Hopkins Lupus website:

Things to Avoid
    If you have lupus or a condition that predisposes you to lupus, such as undifferentiated connective tissue disease (UCTD), there are certain foods and medications that you should avoid. The substances listed below have shown to induce lupus signs and flares and should be avoided by people with lupus or autoimmune diseases suggesting “pre-lupus.”
    (6) Echinacea
    Echinacea is often used as a dietary supplement to boost the immune system against colds and other illnesses. However, because Echinacea boosts your immune system, it may cause flares in people with autoimmune diseases such as lupus. In fact, Echinacea supplements sold in Europe bear warning labels that advise against use by people with autoimmune diseases. As a result, people with lupus and other autoimmune diseases should avoid these supplements. In general, it is important that you speak with your physician before taking any new medications or supplements.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SleepyInSeattle For This Useful Post:

magistramarla (12-20-2011), n.mac (12-20-2011)

rob is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the World
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,105 Times in 628 Posts

When I have a cold, I'll sip on a shot or two of Jim Beam Black Label. It doesn't really do
    anything for my cold, but having a cold is a good excuse for drinking Bourbon before noon.

After all, it's for "medicinal" purposes...

Rob

8. The Following User Says Thank You to rob For This Useful Post:

SleepyInSeattle (12-20-2011)

Thanks

Sleepy,
    Thanks for that info. I had thought about this too, but my brain didn't register last night whether it was echinacea or some other herbal remedies that was the problem.
    Good old vitamin C seems to be a safe bet. I always cook with lots of garlic, so that remedy is easy for me, too.

Rob,
    Your idea is great, but I would substitute hot rum toddies.
    Hugs,
    Marla

rob is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the World
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,105 Times in 628 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by magistramarla View Post
    Your idea is great, but I would substitute hot rum toddies.
    Trader Vic's!

Thanks

Rob,
    I've never lived near a Trader Vic's, but Jeff makes a mean hot rum toddy. He made one for me last night, and I was asleep by 9:30!
    Hugs,
    Marla

Thanks

OMG Rob!!! YOU just cracked me up!!! LOL Carl says he agrees! LOL I did hear too though that WE SHOULDNT take ANYTHING that BOOSTS our immune system since its in overdrive already. I DO take extra vitamin C as well though. I also get MORE REST than usual and I DRINK DRINK DRINK my decaffeinated WHITE TEA by the cupfuls! I do that anyway but even more so than usual when im sick.
    We Live in a MORTAL, FRAIL, IMPERFECT world in which the word "FAIR" doesn't always apply.Make EVERY MOMENT COUNT with the ones you LOVE because it can end in the blink of an eye. Love, Jeannette