Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Trying to find the balance

Thanks

michele, I, too consider myself lucky. Really puts things in perspective...
    We must both be on the 'emotional' see-saw that is lupus. I (I think) am just coming to terms w/the decreased amount of productive time I have during the day. Some days I can go all day, other days, like you said, the laundry is more than enough to wipe you out. It IS very frustrating. When you mentioned wanting to paint, I couldn't help but write back and say "I know what you mean". When we bought our house 12 years ago, I painted the ENTIRE house myself (I took on the challenge with no problem...I love to paint, my husband despises it!) - 2 coats in each room (except my dad did 1 room for me). On the flip side, I just finished re-doing my family room and it's small. I did the first coat, my husband did the second. That was quite enough painting for me for a while! I'm guessing it's not all lupus, maybe just a little age creeping in too! I'll be 44 next month, I guess it's bound to happen sooner or later!

Maybe you can have a painting party. "Many hands make light work" and it could be a fun time with the right people!

Good luck!
    Mithc

Thanks

I know what you mean about aging a bit. I am only thirty eight but our quarter midget racing for our sons started this past weekend. I was wiped by the end of the day, picking up the cars, getting the boys in etc. I groaned when I went to bed that night and my husband said, "That's age not lupus. I'm feeling it too!"

Michele

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by silverlioness
    What about our teeth falling out? Why does that happen? I haven't heard that one before.
    Oh yeah, the teeth thing. Sometimes I get which symptoms belong to which disease confused. I have Sjogren's in addition to Lupus and this is a Sjogren's thing. A very dry mouth can breed bacteria easily which leads to teeth rotting and falling out. However, this is such an extreme and my dentist said my teeth are great and you just need to take extra care when you have Sjogren's (religiously floss and brush and get cleanings three or four times/year rather than the normal twice per year).

Sorry if I alarmed you. It was just an example of how you can scare yourself by reading extremes. You have to educate yourself but also learn to filter what you read.
    Kelli

Thanks

Oh, no problem. I appreciated you mentioning it. I wondered the correlation because all of a sudden (?) my molars are decalcifying around the gum line. I've went to the dentist twice a year my whole life and been told my teeth were in good shape. I was curious if my issue was lupus related (like everything else seems to be!). Thanks for your response.

Thanks

silverlioness--I am just amazed that every time I log onto this forum I learn something new. I have also had problems with my teeth lately. I never imagined it could be related to Lupus. I have never seen that mentioned anywhere else before. Like you, my molars seem to be disintegrating. My dentist says I have great teeth and they should not be doing this. I never mentioned Lupus to him because I wasn't aware of the connection, but I guess I should look into it...Thank you all so much for sharing, it makes life a little easier!!

Thanks

You're welcome. I'm glad we all have each other.