Thread: Hello, new here, looking for others like me who understand.

Thanks

Default Hello, new here, looking for others like me who understand.

Ok, so I have been sick all week!!!! I live in Buffalo,NY and Buff can have some crazy weather, and as we all know, changing weather and temps will just about "kill" us! So a little about me, am 38yrs old, I have a 15(turning 16 via 30) ha! Anyhoo, I have been chronically symptamatic since 1999, however,I remember as far back as 15yrs old experiancing Lupus flares and symptoms. No one wanted to believe me, they thought I was looking for atten, but I was really sick. I also have Fibromyalgia, and I diagenosed in 2004, I had exstream pain for 2wks str8t, nothing was working, I had narcotics, over the counter, I ended up in the ER 3 days in a row, man I will never forget when that happened,Dec 9th-23rd,2003!!!!!! Crazy thing was, all the pain symptoms just stoped one day, one minute I was in pain, then after I took my pain meds, the pain just stoped(the extreme pain), I still had the everyday pain, but during this timeframe, the pain was worse.

I don't want to write you guys a book, ha, but I am so happy I found this website, now I can talk to people who understand me, understand that when I say "my skin feels like its on fire", you will know what that is! Am on here looking for support and also for honesty! and most of all people being themselves. I look forward to talking with you guys.
    Oh BTW, am a member of Healthdiaries.com, I was posting often, but have not been on for years! Check it out! my real name is Keeon Williams use that to Google, you'll be able to just go to my old pgs.

Thanks

welcome to whl we all know how you feel we are here for you when ever you need to talk

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,610 Times in 1,102 Posts

hi keeon, and welcome.

please take the time to read through a few of the other posts.
    they are about our personal experiences with lupus and other issues.
    it is not uncommon for people to have more than one auto immune diorder.
    fibro is very common amongst us.

again welcome.

rob is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the World
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,105 Times in 628 Posts

Hello Keeon,

Welcome to WHL. I live just "up the road" from you in Maine.

Please make yourself at home!

Rob

Thanks

Hi Keeon! Nice to meet you. My boyfriend is from Syracuse, NY and went to college way up there in Canton. Brrr!
    Last edited by Coloradan; 12-17-2011 at 10:20 AM.

Thanks

WELCOME!!! YOU WILL LOVE it HERE!!! We are one big FAMILY! Like Steve said, read some posts and you will relate in more ways than not! Then you will really feel at home!
    We Live in a MORTAL, FRAIL, IMPERFECT world in which the word "FAIR" doesn't always apply.Make EVERY MOMENT COUNT with the ones you LOVE because it can end in the blink of an eye. Love, Jeannette

tgal is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Solar System
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,741 Times in 1,211 Posts

Hi and welcome to WHL! We are all so glad that you found us! There is something very calming about finding people that just KNOW what we are going through. I look forward to getting to know you better
    Mari

Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.

~Winston Churchill~

Thanks

Wecome to WHL.

I live in Rochester, just about an hour away from you.

Debbie
    I may have been dealt a bad hand, but at least I'm still playing with a full deck. ( most of the time anyway).