Thread: weird/head /skull pain

Thanks

Default weird/head /skull pain

I suppose this could be weirdest symptom. I have had a terrible pain on the right side of my head for two days. It feels inflamed like my joints get at times..but it is my skull!! It is above my ear and a bit closer to the front of my head. It feels as if someone hit me with a bat!! But no...it just came on last night....I have recetnly stardted planquil and 7mg of prednosone...so can anyone relate to a head pain symptom like this????
    Christine
    current Dx UCTD, (likely SLE)
    meds, Topomax (neuropathy), Planquinil, synthroid, Athsma meds, current 7mg of steroid, Muscle relaxor for pm foot cramps (prn), Lexapro.

Thanks

I've had pains like that before on one side of my head, but it was never longer than maybe 20-30 mins. Best bet is to call your doc.
    I probably wasnt much help but I hope you fell better.

Thanks

This sounds like something I have gotten. I have scalp pain but this is different. It feels like my skull is hurting, under the skin. I have gotten it in my temple region. I couldn't tell if it was the bone hurting or if it more vein related like sometimes I get in my legs. This is one that I more or less try to ignore. Unless it becomes more consistent for me I probably won't even mention it to the doctor. It has only happened a couple of times for a couple of days each time. Not sure if this sounds the same as your pain or not.