Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Happy News... Not about Lupus

tgal is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Solar System
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,741 Times in 1,211 Posts

Default Happy News... Not about Lupus

Good morning everyone,

I have some news but a little back information is needed.

I am in Texas and in Texas High School Football is a god. We live and breathe football here and the boys start playing at about 6 years old. Well last night my daughters High School (and my old High School) won the semi-final game and are going to play for the state championship next Thurs. night. They will be playing in the Dallas Cowboy Stadium in Arlington Texas!

One of the reasons I have been so absent lately is that my daughter is the school mascot and this has been a huge year. The playoffs have brought so much work and I am only half out of my flare so when not working on football I have been on the couch. As much as I want to feel better and for this to be over I wouldn't trade this past few weeks for anything. Being able to watch, help, support these kids has done wonders for my heart if not my body.

Please keep your fingers crossed this Thurs night. Game starts at 8. No matter how it ends I am so very proud of our kids and our town for showing the support it has shown. My body, however, will be really glad when Friday comes around!
    Mari

Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.

~Winston Churchill~

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to tgal For This Useful Post:

Gizmo (12-10-2011), Nonna (12-11-2011), rob (12-11-2011), Saysusie (12-12-2011), steve.b (12-11-2011)

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Congrats! It's been a great year for football (for some people anyhow) Wisconsin won last Saturday over Michigan (father in law's alma mater- ON WISCONSIN!) and Montana Grizzlies are having a great year!
    "I'm going to get healthy or die trying"

Thanks

i am glad to see you so happy my dear friend may you have a wonderful result for your football team and then take well earned rest hugs

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,616 Times in 1,106 Posts

i love a ggod story.....
    especialy when a friend is involved.
    take plenty of fluids to soothe the sore, dry throat.

supporting can be a very vocal thing lol

you need to post a photo of your daughter all dressed up.

i am happy for your joy. enjoy the moment.

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Wooooo Whhhooooooo! Football is the best. Like I said before with your daughter as a Bobcat and my grandson as a Tiger we need to get them together. Go BOBCATS!!!!!! Go Purdue!!! Packers and Raiders are best!! Must not forget my high school- New Jersey BTHS Green Dragons. We were defeated for a long time.

Thanks

I am so glad to hear that you are enjoying all the games and that you can be there, for your daughter and her team.
    With all the problems we have, it is nice to get some distraction.
    I am crossing my fingers for the final game. You will love the new Cowboys stadium, it is awesome.
    Just remember to get rest between the games.
    How will you get to Dallas, are you going to drive? It is a about a 5 hour drive. If you do drive yourself, get out of the car every 60-90 minutes, it will help with the stiffness. I have driven between Dallas and Houston alot, my one daughter lives in Dallas and the other one lives in Houston ( Lake Jackson).

Debbie
    I may have been dealt a bad hand, but at least I'm still playing with a full deck. ( most of the time anyway).

Thanks

Ahhhh, how I miss those days!

I ran into a cousin yesterday and told her the empty nest is seriously overrated-no more sporting activities, no big first dates to watch the kids get gussied up for......

Cherish these moments, tgal, because they go so fast. Take care of yourself and rest when the kids are off the field. We'll keep the light on for you....

Thanks

Congratulations! You will cherish this times forever. Rest when you can and I wish your team luck.

Thanks

WOO HOO to MASCOTS and FOOTBALL!!!!! AWWWWW, Im so HAPPY for you!!! Anything to keep a bad flare down, or at least forgotten about in an adreneline mode huh! FINGERS CROSSED!!!!!
    We Live in a MORTAL, FRAIL, IMPERFECT world in which the word "FAIR" doesn't always apply.Make EVERY MOMENT COUNT with the ones you LOVE because it can end in the blink of an eye. Love, Jeannette

Thanks

Congratulations to your daughter, and to her team! Take care of yourself to the very best of your ability, while you enjoy this special time!