Thread: At last Meds

Thanks

Cool At last Meds

At long last drs have said Previously that I have Lupus and now I have eventually seen a rhumy and he was so good explaining everything put on plaquenil 200mg one for the first week then two daily.
    He also said I have fibromyalgia and we will deal with that later. Thank you to Jolly dolly for recommending me to your Dr. Excellent! Tired it has been a long day both physically and emotionally! Thank you to all for your support to get this far!

A little laugh the Dr said when did you come to Western Australia? I said 2002, October 16th 3pm which to me was a logical answer and as my husband said to me later laughing 'the poor Dr almost threw his head on the table at that stage, HEE HEE '. I am known at being precise when my brain is working but sometimes a little too much! I think my husband may be sometimes great full for a little brain fog??? HEE HEE !

For every cloud there is a silver lining!
    Last edited by Desleywr; 12-08-2011 at 08:05 AM.
    Desley
    For every dark cloud there is a silver lining!
    Diagnosed: Lupus; mesenteric panniculitis; fat nacrosis;

Thanks

Desley,
    Hurray for you! Plaquenil takes a while to "get into your system". Be patient - it does help. It also took a while for my body to adjust to it - it gave me "the trots" for a few weeks. I found that I had to ease into it - 1/2 tab for a week or so, then up to a whole tab. My body is so sensitive, I never got past the 1 tab per day, but it is helping.
    At least, constipation is never a worry for me while I'm taking Plaquenil - LOL.
    Be sure that you go see an ophthalmologist to get a baseline exam done. Very rarely (and usually at much higher doses) Plaquenil can have a bad effect on the retina.
    My ophthalmologist sees me every 6 months, and does a thorough test once a year.
    Good luck, and I hope that you feel better soon.
    Hugs,
    Marla

3. The Following User Says Thank You to magistramarla For This Useful Post:

Desleywr (12-09-2011)

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,611 Times in 1,103 Posts

glad you have some much neended medical relief.

and as marla said, get a base line eye exam.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to steve.b For This Useful Post:

Desleywr (12-09-2011)

Thanks

Thank you it is much needed I am in a lot of pain etc etc. I have been started on one tab for the first week then two per day. So it doesn't seem to be amid dose. I see the cardio on Sat yes a cardio who is working on sat to see patients. I couldn't believe it. I havea base line of my eyes as I have had a clot behind my eye andi havea cotton wool patch, so I intend on getting a check up in late Jan that will be six weeks. Thank you to all I don't know what I would do or wherei would be if it wasn't for this group and all the members who have supported me. Thank you! Lots of Love toooooo!
    Desley

Thanks

I saw the cardio. He said he believes it is an Atrial Fibrillation. So halter monitor and then an Eco of the heart. Really tired and irregular heart beat is so frustrating on top of the pain and stiffness. Sick of being short of breath with the irregular heart beat and chest pain. DH is being so good cooking dinner at the moment.
    Desley

tgal is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Solar System
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,741 Times in 1,211 Posts

I am so glad that you have found someone to listen! Hopefully things will turn around
    Mari

Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.

~Winston Churchill~

9. The Following User Says Thank You to tgal For This Useful Post:

Desleywr (12-11-2011)

Thanks

WOO HOO to EVERY CLOUD has a SILVER LINING Desley! What a GREAT SPIRIT! I feel the same way! Sometimes it just takes a while to show up! And sometimes we just have to LOOK for it! Im glad you found a good Dr!!! They are far and few between!!!!
    We Live in a MORTAL, FRAIL, IMPERFECT world in which the word "FAIR" doesn't always apply.Make EVERY MOMENT COUNT with the ones you LOVE because it can end in the blink of an eye. Love, Jeannette

11. The Following User Says Thank You to lucky7 For This Useful Post:

Desleywr (12-18-2011)

Thanks

Just got bloods back ana 1:640 homogenous, serum anti DNA native double stranded 3,APTT 24sec when the range is 26-37 and I am on Plavix an antiqualigant. On my 4day halter monitor... Tired from irregular heart beat. Looking forward to Xmas hol!
    Desley

Thanks

HO HO HO to CHRISTMAS! ENJOY YOUR XMAS DESLEY!!!!
    We Live in a MORTAL, FRAIL, IMPERFECT world in which the word "FAIR" doesn't always apply.Make EVERY MOMENT COUNT with the ones you LOVE because it can end in the blink of an eye. Love, Jeannette

14. The Following User Says Thank You to lucky7 For This Useful Post:

Desleywr (12-23-2011)

Thanks

Thank you And you tooooo have a wonderful Xmas Day!
    Desley