Thread: Back to work Monday

Thanks

Default Back to work Monday

Well fortunately I go back on the 12th after being out 10 weeks with another bout of pericarditis. Im definetely looking forward to it, for one we need the money and also miss and need that interaction with real people. On the other hand I am afraid of returning to work, I haven't expressed the fear other than to you guys. I'm afraid because my mind feels so 'cloudy' all the time, ya'll know what Im refering to its that awful brain fog which I like to call brain farts. I read stuff and cant I remember what i've read and I have conversations that I can't remember having. Its bad enough when this happens at home but I can't even begin to imagine when it ill s while at work. I have my own office and work at my own pace and have a great understanding boss, so Im hoping its not very noticeable.

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,631 Times in 1,118 Posts

i am happy for you.
    to go back to a normal life.

it must be an enjoyable feeling.

for most people the fear of failure, is worse than the actual chance of failure.
    i mean that your perseption of brain fog is stronger to you than to others.
    you strive for perfection, while others usually do not see your shortfalls.

i had a little laugh at "need to react with real people"

my dry humour here.
    is that to say your family is not real.......
    or that you were so lonely that you have dolls around the house, to interact with.

again sorry, just my dry humour.

i am happy for you that you can return to work. enjoy it.

Thanks

I totally understand your fear.
    My job is very demanding, physically and mentally, but the physical part is killing me, so I decided yesterday to apply for a new job, an office job. I have no idea, if I even get a call for an interview, but I am already so scared. I scared of the interview ( I might sound like a total moran) and if I do get hired, am I going to be able to learn the new job, with major brainfog?
    You are lucky to have an understanding boss, that is big points on your side.
    I wish you all the best.

Debbie
    I may have been dealt a bad hand, but at least I'm still playing with a full deck. ( most of the time anyway).

rob is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the World
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,105 Times in 628 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by chikititalinda View Post
    Well fortunately I go back on the 12th after being out 10 weeks with another bout of pericarditis. Im definetely looking forward to it, for one we need the money and also miss and need that interaction with real people. On the other hand I am afraid of returning to work, I haven't expressed the fear other than to you guys. I'm afraid because my mind feels so 'cloudy' all the time, ya'll know what Im refering to its that awful brain fog which I like to call brain farts. I read stuff and cant I remember what i've read and I have conversations that I can't remember having. Its bad enough when this happens at home but I can't even begin to imagine when it ill s while at work. I have my own office and work at my own pace and have a great understanding boss, so Im hoping its not very noticeable.
    Hi Linda,

I've learned that sometimes with brainfog, how we perceive ourselves can be quite different than how other people actually perceive us. There have been times when I thought that I must have come across as a babbling idiot in different social situations. I've called up people to apologize for how I "just wasn't with it" the last time they saw me, only to have them ask me what in the hell am I talking about.

Many times I thought the brainfog was out there in the open for all to see, but that isn't always the case. We learn to hide it to a certain extent. And, many people we interact with aren't even thinking about something being wrong with our cognitive abilities, and they just don't notice the minor word fumbles or pauses in a conversation.

I'm glad you're getting back to work. I miss the workplace interaction too. Just try to pace yourself, and see if you can create habits that are redundant enough to keep you from forgetting the important things. Do things twice if possible, and check things twice if you can. Try to prioritize things so that the things you have to spend the most "Spoons" on each day are at the top of your list of priorities.

Work will be a challenge, but don't worry, you'll do fine.

Rob

Thanks

Thanks for all the support and incouragement, I sooo need this right now! My boss just emailed asking me if I have any limitations or need anything special. I told her how blessed I feel to have her as a boss. She has RA so she understands what Im going through. Ill keep you all updated as to how it goes, Im imaganing thousands of stickies all over my office and computer moniter LOL

rob is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the World
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,105 Times in 628 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by chikititalinda View Post
    Im imaganing thousands of stickies all over my office and computer moniter LOL
    Post-It note sales skyrocketed after I got my diagnosis...(insert smiley face)

Thanks

Post-It notes, and White-Out...

Have fun with it chikititalinda. Wishing you well. You'll do fine, just take your time.
    Last edited by jmail; 12-08-2011 at 07:54 PM. Reason: good grief! thank goodness for "Edit post"
    "There but for the grace of God, go I."
    "... His mercy endureth for ever."