Hello Everyone,

Yesterday was the first time a doctor has said I have Lupus. My doctor wasn't available, so I saw the doctor covering for him. He was awesome too, which settles my nerves for any other times I may need to see a doctor when mine isn't available. He had read my doctors notes and said he wanted to refer me to a Rheumy. I told him that's what my doctor wanted to do too, so he said, "Great! I'll go check his notes and see who he wanted to send you to." My doctor didn't have anyone in mind, so it was off to the nurse's station for them to find someone. Unfortunately, a lot of doctors don't accept my insurance, so it took the nurse a while. When she finally found a doctor that does, they told her they would accept patients with Lupus, but they aren't for a lot of other diseases. They also said before they would accept me, they wanted to see my chart and all of the tests I had done. If they agree to take on my case, then they would call me to make an appointment. I got a call this morning from my doctor's nurse because the Rheumy wanted more blood tests done. I just got back from doing my blood, so now I have to wait. I hope they accept my case because I'm not on any medication right now. I'm in quite a bit of pain, but I'm sure the rest of you are as well! I know you all understand what I'm feeling at the moment, so it's nice to be able to come to a place to share, vent, and get a little encouragement that's sometimes lacking at home. I'm not saying my family is horrible or anything, but I don't think they fully grasp just what it's like. Sometimes my mom will plan a day of running around and I'll tell her I don't want to. She sometimes gets mad, so I have to explain that it's not that I don't want to go, it's that I can't go. With all of the running around she plans sometimes, I'm exhausted after 2-3 hours! I'm just hoping the Rheumy calls me soon and I can get an appointment as soon as possible. I'm functioning at about 20% right now, so I am feeling a bit sad and frustrated

Thank you everyone who has answered my questions and given support! You are all awesome!

Blessings, Love & Aloha,
Ty