Thread: New problems

Thanks

Default New problems

Hi Everyone. Wow, this has changed but I like it. Anyway, I am having new problems. Under my right breast, rib area, I am having severe pain. I have been to the emergency room twice in 10 days and they took an x-ray, blood tests and abdominal ultrasound. They found that my liver has fatty tissue around it, no stones in my gall bladder. However, they are speculating that it could be pancreatitis. I go for an upper and lower g.i. on 12/15/11.
    Has anybody heard of this?

Thank youl
    "If you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change" (Wayne Dyer)

Thanks

I have no experience with this, but I just wanted to say that I'm glad that you are getting it checked out, and I hope that all works out well for you.
    Lupus and it's pack of AI disease "friends" have a nasty way of affecting all parts of the body. I wouldn't be surprised if Lupus can attack the pancreas, just like it does other organs.
    I'm sure that SaySusie will know.
    Take care, and let us know how the tests go.
    Hugs,
    Marla

3. The Following User Says Thank You to magistramarla For This Useful Post:

mrstjscott (12-06-2011)

Thanks

Thank you Marla. I have an appt for Dec 15 for upper and lower gi's. I don't know if I can wait that long. The pain is almost intolerable and at the er, if the bloodnwork is ok and you don't scream bloody murder when they press on your belly, then to them, there is no problem. Now, I am having problems with my bowels and I have a hernia and it's causing my belly button to be sucked in but the doctor said that's not a problem. I am so sick and irritated. I can't eat without my belly swelling to twice it's size. Every and anything I drink and/or eat, no matter how small the portion, makes me feel as though I have eaten at least two four-course meals. I literally feel like my stomach is going to explode.
    "If you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change" (Wayne Dyer)

Thanks

Thank you Marla. This pain is almost intolerable. My stomach is blowing up so badly that I wobble when I walk. My belly, no matter what little I eat or drink, swells up quickly and it feels like I have eaten two four-course meals.
    I always feel like vomiting and my bowels are not loose but not hard. I feel like vomiting and poo pooing at the same time. The pain under my right breast sometimes is so bad the I get dizzy from the pain.
    I am scheduled for upper and lower gi's and I have a hernia which is causing my belly button to sink in. The doctor, without doing any tests, have decided that the hernia is not a problem right now. WHAT EVER!!!

Thanks

Thank you Marla. This pain is almost intolerable. My stomach is blowing up so badly that I wobble when I walk. My belly, no matter what little I eat or drink, swells up quickly and it feels like I have eaten two four-course meals.
    I always feel like vomiting and my bowels are not loose but not hard. I feel like vomiting and poo pooing at the same time. The pain under my right breast sometimes is so bad the I get dizzy from the pain.
    I am scheduled for upper and lower gi's and I have a hernia which is causing my belly button to sink in. The doctor, without doing any tests, have decided that the hernia is not a problem right now. WHAT EVER!!!

Thanks

Just a few weeks ago I was having similar stomach issues.I was sick for about 3 weeks and 1/2 way through went to the emergency room.
    What started like a bad flu-achy all over and running daily fever as the week went by,I was treated in the er for a fever(103.2) of unknown origin(I had ekg,chest x-ray,lots of blood work,blood cultures etc) was given intrevenious anti-biotics and ultimetly sent home with more meds and a promise to follow up with my dr.

Two days later I felt better(not good but better) when my stomach issues began-every time I ate as much as a cracker or drank more than a sip of water my belly would cramp and get rock hard this would last for hours. I did not have any bathroom issues but for about a week I could hardly eat or drink and it hurt just to lie in bed.
    I went to see my dr. who sent me for a ct scan of upper and lower abdomen.He later told me he feared I had lymphomia or a tumer.
    Of course the ct scan came back normal(I do have a fatty liver) but otherwise o-kay.

After 3 weeks of being really sick,and all the testing which came back normal my ruhemy has concluded that I had a severe allergic reaction to the Imuran he had started me on a few weeks prior.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to n.mac For This Useful Post:

mrstjscott (12-06-2011)

Thanks

That is crazy, mac. I was told I have fatty tissue growing around my liver, and also that my thyroid was enlarged. I hope the upper g.i. and the lower whatever it is they call it, will either show what's wrong or rule out what COULD be wrong. Thank you for responding.

Thanks

I've had several Pancreatitis attacks over the years. I'm a guy, and a wimp, so when I cry (I cry ALOT), the docs listen... I jest a bit, but my wife doesn't get the same treatment I do when she ends up in the ER or at the dox office... ANYway, they should have been able to diagnose you almost immediately with blood work from the first day. While they would do other confirmation work, from what I understand from my visits to the ER, what they based my treatment on was the enzyme levels. Not that there's much treatment for it, other than pain management, and then a *very* restricted diet until things calm down. You do NOT mess around and dilly-dally with pancreatitis.

Now here's a "kicker" for you... The pancreas is an endocrine gland; so is the thyroid... if one endocrine gland gets attacked by auto-immune, there will almost always be at least one other that does, whether it'd be the adrenals or whatever. It's like the endocrine system is "sympathetic" to it's parts (brain fog, can't think of the proper words). If they haven't done any CAT scans, and they go to, be sure they use contrast also, and do them both in one day (they usually separate them into upper (kidneys in picture) & lower (no kidneys) also)...
    "There but for the grace of God, go I."
    "... His mercy endureth for ever."

11. The Following User Says Thank You to jmail For This Useful Post:

mrstjscott (12-09-2011)

Thanks

Thank you jmail for your kind reply. It makes sense now. The gastro doctor said my thyroid was swollen. This was my first visit with him and before he looked at any blood work from the other doctors, he did the regular doctor poking and pressing and determined my thyroid is swollen. What does that mean?
    Then, he looked at my blood work and said that there is fatty tissue around my kidney. Then he told me to lose weight. He said I should lose 60 pounds!!! I almost freaked out. Then he said to lose at least 40. I don't even look like I am overweight because I am tall. I weigh 207.
    I am going to post a new post because what I am about to write will get lost in here. Yesterday, my opthamologist told me that the bubble growing on my bottom right eye lid is cancer.
    Ok. I cried so much today, I can't cry any more. Has anybody heard of that? Is this common with Lupus. My entire right eye is messed up. The doctor even said that my eye alignment is off track. I have trouble sleeping at night because my eye does it's own thing. Like right now, it's almost completely fogged over, it feels like a piece of stick in the back of the eyeball and the eye is completely dry. It is painful. I also have problems looking at fluorescent lights. It's almost like looking at the sun - directly. The pain is only in the right eye (thank GOD).
    So, what do you think, jmail?