Thread: Hi Everyone

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Default Hi Everyone

Hi All:

Yeah, I know I've been absent for awhile and really not sure when I'll be back. I've kinda checked out. 2 weeks ago I basically had a "nervous breakdown". It's been a tough year to put it mildly and I had finally reached a point where I couldn't take anymore. I wasn't suicidal, I just wanted to go to sleep and not wake up. My therapist called the cops who showed up at my house for a welfare check (which you know darn well had every neighbor peeking out their windows) who then were kind enough to give me a ride to the hospital (I did ask the officer to cuff and stuff me in the car just to give the neighbors a show, but he refused darn it). I was given Ativan for anxiety and sent home after it was determined I wasn't a threat to myself although the idea of checking in to the hospital for 3-6 day was very appealing.

So I've basically checked out for awhile. "Acute grief syndrome" according to my therapist. Whatever. I'm taking a mental vacation from life right now. If I don't, I'll really lose it and there won't be any coming back. Hubby has been absolutely amazing, a dream come true, bless his heart. My daughter who keeps reminding me "I'M AN ADULT NOW" can step up to the plate and prove it and take care of herself. Son, wife and new grandson are doing well in Missoula so I'm concentrating on me. Working through my grief and processing everything that has been going on.

I hope this holiday season, whatever you choose to celebrate or not finds everyone joy and peace. Take care of yourselves. The WHL family is the best ever.

Bless you all.

I'll be back eventually.
    "I'm going to get healthy or die trying"

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ruziska For This Useful Post:

Gizmo (12-01-2011), Nonna (12-02-2011), steve.b (12-02-2011)

Thanks

Ruz - best wishes! Concentrate on yourself - it's critical that you do. I've been where you are and I'm heading back that way again (much to my dismay) so I am hoping to nip it in the bud with a doc appt next week. Right now tho a few days at my local inpatient mental health institution sounds like heaven.

Best wiches again for a relaxing holiday season. Do take good care!

Thanks

I totally understand you feeling as though you want to take a break. You have been through so much.

Sometimes I wish that I could go to someone who could do a total makeover for me. That way I could check out of society, be pampered for a few weeks, then walk out a new woman. Wouldn't that be so fantastic? Take care
    Diagnosed with Lupus - 22 June, 2010

Thanks

been there my mind checked out a few years ago due to extreme stress. sometimes i feel like signing myself into mental facility just to get a break with no visitors or phone calls. and nice happy cocktail. like you i had wonderful husband, hang in there hope things get better for you soon and know we are here for you anytime luv and hugs

tgal is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Solar System
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,743 Times in 1,212 Posts

Sometimes a break is the best idea. Take care of yourself and we will be here when you return
    Mari

Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.

~Winston Churchill~

Thanks

Sending Ruziska big HUGS

Thanks

Hey Rita,
    I'm glad that you checked in with us - I was wondering about you.
    Have a good rest, feel better and then come back to us - we'll be here.
    Hugs,
    Marla

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,645 Times in 1,130 Posts

i will keep the front light on for you.

Thanks

Go ahead and take a break, but remember, we are here for you.
    Some people need a break and some people have to talk, whatever you decide, you know where to find us.
    You are lucky to have a great family at home.
    Best of luck and lots of hugs.

Debbie
    I may have been dealt a bad hand, but at least I'm still playing with a full deck. ( most of the time anyway).