Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 17

Thread: Help quick

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Rockingham, Perth Western Australia
    Posts
    273
    Thanks
    139
    Thanked 48 Times in 41 Posts

    Cool Help quick

    My husband just sent me a page titled "first new treatment for Lupus in over 50 years" where and how to I put up this I page PDF doc?....
    Desley
    For every dark cloud there is a silver lining!
    Diagnosed: Lupus; mesenteric panniculitis; fat nacrosis;

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Rockingham, Perth Western Australia
    Posts
    273
    Thanks
    139
    Thanked 48 Times in 41 Posts

    Default

    After reading this it says that the USA federal drug admin has approved Bemimulab Theroperatic inhibiting BAFF?.... Do others know of this is anyone on this and does it work reducing flares?
    Desley
    For every dark cloud there is a silver lining!
    Diagnosed: Lupus; mesenteric panniculitis; fat nacrosis;

  3. #3
    rob is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the World
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    3,681
    Thanks
    426
    Thanked 1,105 Times in 628 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Desleywr View Post
    My husband just sent me a page titled "first new treatment for Lupus in over 50 years" where and how to I put up this I page PDF doc?....
    Hi Desleywr,

    Bemimulab is the drug more commonly known as Benlysta. Our RSS Bot program that posts lupus related news posted an article from earlier this year with the announcement that Benlysta was approved by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration. It should contain the same info as the PDF you mention. Here's a link to the article-

    www.medicalnewstoday.com/releases/218864.php

    Also, if you use the WHL search tool at the top right of the page you'll find quite a few threads and posts here on the subject. Just enter the word Benlysta.

    Hope this helps,

    Rob
    Last edited by rob; 11-29-2011 at 04:58 AM.

  4. The Following User Says Thank You to rob For This Useful Post:

    Desleywr (11-29-2011)

  5. #4
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Rockingham, Perth Western Australia
    Posts
    273
    Thanks
    139
    Thanked 48 Times in 41 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rob View Post
    Hi Desleywr,

    Bemimulab is the drug more commonly known as Benlysta. Our RSS Bot program that posts lupus related news posted an article from earlier this year with the announcement that Benlysta was approved by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration. It should contain the same info as the PDF you mention. Here's a link to the article-

    www.medicalnewstoday.com/releases/218864.php

    Also, if you use the WHL search tool at the top right of the page you'll find quite a few threads and posts here on the subject. Just enter the word Benlysta.

    Hope this helps,

    Rob
    Ahoy! Thank you Rob I got excited!! I will go off and read! Thank you
    Des
    Desley
    For every dark cloud there is a silver lining!
    Diagnosed: Lupus; mesenteric panniculitis; fat nacrosis;

  6. #5
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Rockingham, Perth Western Australia
    Posts
    273
    Thanks
    139
    Thanked 48 Times in 41 Posts

    Default

    Rob
    My husband is a science researcher and he is in Nano technology -director of the Stretigic Nano Fabrication Centre at UWA. He isn't in the field but is going to look and make enquiry with other researchers he works with with regard to me using it. I go for my first rhumy appointment next week so I feel itis best to understand all I can re lupus. Thanks for sending me to this article
    Des
    Desley
    For every dark cloud there is a silver lining!
    Diagnosed: Lupus; mesenteric panniculitis; fat nacrosis;

  7. #6
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    pinjarra, western australia
    Posts
    2,917
    Blog Entries
    1
    Thanks
    1,394
    Thanked 1,617 Times in 1,107 Posts

    Default

    desley, i have written to the two partners in the manufacture of benlysta.
    they both have offices in the eastern states.

    they do not invisage benlysta being available in australia for at least 4 years.
    they have applied for a license, but have not started the government paperwork.

  8. The Following User Says Thank You to steve.b For This Useful Post:

    Desleywr (11-29-2011)

  9. #7
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Rockingham, Perth Western Australia
    Posts
    273
    Thanks
    139
    Thanked 48 Times in 41 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by steve.bryce View Post
    desley, i have written to the two partners in the manufacture of benlysta.
    they both have offices in the eastern states.

    they do not invisage benlysta being available in australia for at least 4 years.
    they have applied for a license, but have not started the government paperwork.
    Thanks Steve I got excited to think it was new.... As it was advertised on the conference paper as new.... Colin is going to look at its structure and see how it works! I will let you know what he says. Thanks for keeping me up to date.
    Desley
    For every dark cloud there is a silver lining!
    Diagnosed: Lupus; mesenteric panniculitis; fat nacrosis;

  10. #8
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Seaside, Ca.
    Posts
    3,871
    Thanks
    196
    Thanked 948 Times in 732 Posts

    Default

    Desley,
    Your DH sounds much like mine. My sweetie also has several science degrees, and he is always sending me info on research that he has found on AI diseases.
    Hugs,
    Marla

  11. The Following User Says Thank You to magistramarla For This Useful Post:

    Desleywr (11-29-2011)

  12. #9
    tgal's Avatar
    tgal is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Solar System
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Houston, Texas
    Posts
    4,521
    Thanks
    1,547
    Thanked 1,741 Times in 1,211 Posts

    Default

    Shrugs.. won't do me any good. No insurance and it costs about $35,000 a year. Pitiful!
    Mari

    Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.

    ~Winston Churchill~







  13. #10
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    British Columbia, Canada
    Posts
    476
    Blog Entries
    2
    Thanks
    30
    Thanked 47 Times in 44 Posts

    Default

    Its in no way close to a cure right? Its just a much stronger drug apparently? I don't fully understand what it does. Its not some magic drug that will help us all go back to work. I'm hoping for something with less side affects, that's all I want right now...Because I really, really hate Plaquenil.
    "With gentle hands and the heart of a fighter, I am a survivor!" - Reba McEntire

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •