Thread: help me bones won't stop aching

Hybrid View

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Angry help me bones won't stop aching

i saw my medical doctor 3 days ago when she diagnosed me with having lupus. my hips, knees, legs, and feet hurt really bad now but im not supposed to see my doctor until after i get my mri tests done. what should i do"? im in a lot of pain but my doctor wants me to wait until i get the brain and cervical spine tested before i next visit. my mri won't be done until dec 3rd saturday i believe. im currently not being treated for the lupus.

Thanks

Have you tried the over the counter pain meds? They don't do much for me most of the time but some times they help. Is your medical doctor your primary care physician? I would contact your PCP and ask if there is anything that you can take. In the mean time I would suggest a hot bath to relax and sooth the joints and make you feel more relaxed. It helps me sometimes although I prefer the hot shower.
    Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of mercies and God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our tribulations, that we may be able to comfort those who are in any trouble, with the comfort wich we ourselves are comforted by God. 2 Corinthians 1:3

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to scubagramplit For This Useful Post:

tgal (11-27-2011), trustme (11-27-2011)

Thanks

Sometimes Aleeve or Advil will help a little bit, because those are anti inflametories.
    Give it a try. Other than that, get as much rest as you can.

Debbie
    I may have been dealt a bad hand, but at least I'm still playing with a full deck. ( most of the time anyway).

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to debbie-b For This Useful Post:

tgal (11-27-2011), trustme (11-27-2011)

tgal is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Solar System
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,741 Times in 1,211 Posts

My doc has me take 3 Aleve 3 times a day since I won't take pain meds. Doesn't make it stop but "knock's the top off of it"

Remember that I am NOT a doctor and can't tell you how much is good for you to take!
    Mari

Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.

~Winston Churchill~

Blog Entries
    Thanks

You are sure in a pickle, dealing with doctors sometimes can be so frustrating. I would try like some Ibuprofen if you get the generic it's pretty inexpensive and like Tgal I don't like to use the narcotics all the time and usually take Ibuprofen which works for my pain. Maybe you could just talk to one of your doctors nurses because they could tell you what is better to take than I could ever.

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Try calling your Dr and see if he will call you in some Meloxicam....For me it really seems to somewhat help, and it is easier or your belly than Ibuprofen! My Dr said they tend to work better on people with Immune disorders, than the naproxin or Ibuprofin and you just take it once a day instead of 2-3 times a day like the others in its class! I find that doing heating pad for 20 min and cold pack for 20 minutes helps somewhat also ...tho sometimes the pain tends to switch places on me when I do this!