Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Start of a skin flare?(pics)

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Question Start of a skin flare?(pics)

I've been having a skin thing lately that is not going anyway, but in fact spreading more as time goes on, but spreading slowly. I am waiting to see my GP as he is booked with appointments for a while. I am wondering if any of you guys can take a guess or even know what this is. It does not hurt, but it looks ugly to me, I won't even go to the pool looking like this. I have attached 2 pictures and they aren't the best quality and don't show everything. Besides on my stomach and sides, I also have the marks on my chest, my upper and lower back, my groin area, one big one on my thigh, 3 on my legs, my neck, some on my arms, and I just don't know what it is. I have psoriasis on my head and its chronic, and back when I was 16 I had body wide psoriasis that came on fast out of no where, and I was covered in thick scaly raised pink marks, and this seems kind of like that...But also kind of not. It starts out as small dots and then they get bigger, but not all the same size.
    What is this?

I didn't realize I accidently got a tiny bit of my bra in the shot, I'm sorry.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "With gentle hands and the heart of a fighter, I am a survivor!" - Reba McEntire

Thanks

Hard to tell from the pics. Psoriasis maybe? I have P on my scalp as well and it doesn't look like the P on my body. Have you changed soaps, detergents, body lotions etc etc lately?

Thanks

Is it itchy?

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Nope I haven't changed anything, I've been using the same soaps for a while, well before this happened. It doesn't itch, but the only time it bothers me and gets "angry" the most is after I take a shower, then it glows pinkish red like Christmas lights. The marks are raised a bit and feel kind of scaly, I was just hoping its not psoriasis, I already have it bad enough on my forehead and scalp. I'm worried I'll wake up one day and I'll look like I have crocodile skin again.
    "With gentle hands and the heart of a fighter, I am a survivor!" - Reba McEntire

Thanks

Hmmmmm.....my P gets "angry" too when I come out of a hot bath or shower. Normal skin tends to turn red/pink anyway but P skin looks really red. I see you are from Canada - do you have walk in clinics there?

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

Sounds as if it could be some form of Lupus rash. It is quite common for some Lupus rashes to get angry after hot baths & showers, so you are not alone here. I've had some members (quite some time ago) actually say that they treated these angry rashes with their urine and that it was very helpful.
    You should also know that many people with Lupus develop eczema (another auto-immune condition) and eczema is known for being aggravated by hot baths & showers.
    I know that you are waiting for an appointment with your doctor and I wish that we had better answers for you until then. Please let us know what your doctors determine and what the treatment plan is. I hope that you get an answer soon.

Peace and Blessings
    Namaste
    Saysusie
    Look For The Good and Praise It!

Thanks

Those spots are familiar to me, too. In fact, they were one of the first signs of my AI issues, but I didn't know it. I had just been dx'd with Meniere's in 1999, and I kept bugging my PCP about the little sores that kept popping up on different parts of my body, sometimes getting larger and flaky. She reluctantly sent one to the lab, and then was concerned because it contained T-cells. She guessed that it might be lymphomatoid papilosis.
    Later, when I finally had a decent rheumy, she said that I definitely had psoriasis sores in my scalp and she thought that the sores on my body might be a form of psoriasis, too.
    I had sores in my scalp since I was a teen, but my mother had just told me that it was because I was dirty and didn't scrub my scalp hard enough, so I ignored it for years. I didn't even try to treat it until after I was married and I started using my husband's Denorex when the sores got bad and itchy. I was certainly glad when I finally had a doc who would listen!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by magistramarla View Post
    Those spots are familiar to me, too. In fact, they were one of the first signs of my AI issues, but I didn't know it. I had just been dx'd with Meniere's in 1999, and I kept bugging my PCP about the little sores that kept popping up on different parts of my body, sometimes getting larger and flaky. She reluctantly sent one to the lab, and then was concerned because it contained T-cells. She guessed that it might be lymphomatoid papilosis.
    Later, when I finally had a decent rheumy, she said that I definitely had psoriasis sores in my scalp and she thought that the sores on my body might be a form of psoriasis, too.
    I had sores in my scalp since I was a teen, but my mother had just told me that it was because I was dirty and didn't scrub my scalp hard enough, so I ignored it for years. I didn't even try to treat it until after I was married and I started using my husband's Denorex when the sores got bad and itchy. I was certainly glad when I finally had a doc who would listen!
    My mom said that about my knees and elbows. And all of the time it was psoriasis

All this "possible" AI stuff I've been going through over the last 1-1/2 years all started with rashes.

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Thanks guys, you are all making me think it is probably psoriasis again too, but its not going away like my first big flare did, and I really don't want this sticking around. I can take it being on my scalp and forehead 24/7, but I'll be angry if it stays on my body that long too.
    All I can do is wait to find out.

Thanks

I have just one spot like that on my leg... I thought it was dry skin but now I don't think so since it's staying in one spot and not really spreading. I'll be curious to see what your doctor says!