Already went to the ER; do I just wait to see my doctor now?
So it's been about two months since I was diagnosed and started the plaquenil and while I've noticed improvement in some symptoms (my muscle pain is all but gone!), I've started having chest pains. It got so bad that I ended up going to the ER. They did an EKG, a chest x-ray and a CT scan. The doctor said all the tests came back normal. My heart rate was 'a little high', they said, but they weren't terribly concerned. One of the doctors suggested it might be Costochondritis, but they didn't officially diagnose anything, just said it wasn't my heart or lungs and sent me home. (I live in Canada, where the health care system is free, but under A LOT of pressure, so I know they work hard to get people in and out as fast as possible to free up beds and doctors for other patients. With chest pain, I still had to wait eight hours in the emergency room to see a doctor.)
I'm just not sure what to do now. My next appointment with my rheumatologist isn't until February. Should I wait that long or should I call and try to make an earlier appointment? Since I've already gone to the ER and they said everything came back normal, I'm at a loss. I still feel like something is wrong, but I'm also a big time hypochondriac and have been for most of my life, so I'm never sure how much of this is in my head and how much of it is real.
Thanks for any help or advice you can give. You guys are great.