Thread: Interrupted by "Kid" calls

Thanks

Wink Interrupted by "Kid" calls

I was posting here on WHL this evening, but I got interrupted for two hours by calls from three of the five adult kids.
    Heather called from NYC and was in the mood to talk to both her Dad and I, which was nice.
    Kayla (in Denver) tried to beep in, and I still haven't heard back from her, but I'm sure I will.

The really cute call was a "Mom, help me with cooking" call. I'm used to getting those from the girls, but this one was from my only son!
    He has learned, on his own, how to make pie crust. He baked a pecan pie with bourbon and a pumpkin pie with a crunchy topping.
    He called to ask me how long he had to let them cool before it was advisable to put them in the fridge. Apparently, he wants to go to bed, but he's worried about letting the pies sit out all night.

I was so amused to get a cooking question call from the boy! I think that he is working on being even more attractive to the ladies.
    He's a cute young executive in Houston who has served in the Marines, is athletic and now he cooks! I'm hoping that it works and some young lady "captures" him - LOL.
    All of his four sisters have settled down - now it's his turn!

Parenthood NEVER ends!
    Hugs to all,
    Marla
    Last edited by magistramarla; 11-20-2011 at 09:50 PM.

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,641 Times in 1,127 Posts

i can read the pride in your words.

isnt life grand at times.
    thank you for sharing this joy with us (me).

rob is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the World
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,105 Times in 628 Posts

Hi Marla,

What a coincidence! My family and I celebrated Thanksgiving this past Saturday because of Dad's chemo/radiation schedule, and my sister made Pecan Pie with Jim Beam and used my Mom's recipe for the crust. Mighty good stuff!

Like your son, I also call my Mom for cooking and cleaning advice. Mother knows best.

Rob

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Marla, thanks for sharing; you have me in smiles (not an easy thing for me at the moment).