Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: As a parent have you ever said????

Thanks

Post As a parent have you ever said????

Hi Everyone, I have not been able to get on to the site here due to my daughter being seriously ill at the moment. To those people who have sent messages and friend requests, sorry that I have not been able to get back to you. She was in hospital for a couple of weeks, home for 2 days, then has been back in for about 2 weeks now, and I am very scared she won't be coming home this time. Her heart and lungs are very badly affected, she is very weak, shes on oxygen, wears diapers and swelling of the limbs and face. So heartbreaking to see a 16 yr old girl in this condition, she is only a skinny little thing, but she is a fighter and has always pulled through in the past, this time I am not so sure.

I just want to know has anyone who has a family member in this situation, have you ever said "Please God, just let her go, just let her go". That is how I feel at the moment, but I feel an extreme amount of guilt for even thinking that, I suppose its the guilt that I am having difficulty with.

Derek

Thanks

Hi Derek,

Fortunatly I have never had to say or think that about any of my children.
    But I have had other family members, that were so hopelessly ill, that it would be a blessing if they would pass.
    I wish you would not have to feel this way about your child.
    Feeling guilty about it is very natural, because she is your child and you don't want her to suffer.
    I wish you all the best and strength to deal with this difficult time.

Debbie
    I may have been dealt a bad hand, but at least I'm still playing with a full deck. ( most of the time anyway).

Thanks

I'm so sorry that your daughter and your family are going through all this. I don't know what to say other than I hope that things turn around and she gets well soon.
    "A bad cold wouldn't be so annoying if it weren't for the advice of our friends."~ Kin Hubbard

Diagnosed: SLE, Raynauds, InterstitialLung Disease, GERD, Myositis, Vasculitis, Possible Sjogrens.
    Medications: 400mg Plaquenil, 2000mg Cellcept, 10mg Norvasc, Nitroglycerin Patch, 20mg Prilosec, 10mg Flexeril, 4mg Medrol, 81mg Asprin.

Thanks

Derek, my heart is breaking for you today. You should never feel guilty about wanting a loved one's suffering to end. I have a daughter with multiple health issues and I have thought about how I would deal with letting go if her suffering were to get too great. It's a horrible dilemma that no parent should have to face. My thoughts are for wisdom and strength for you and comfort for your daughter.

Blog Entries
    Thanks

I have never faced you situation, but I've had friends who were severally injured or ill.
    I pray and leave the decision to the Lord.

Hugs and prayer for your daughter, you and your family
    Last edited by Nonna; 11-20-2011 at 07:01 PM. Reason: Not wanting to force my faith on anyone

Thanks

Derek,
    My heart goes out to you. As a parent, I know that we would rather endure the pain for them than to see our children dealing with it.
    I hope that she pulls through and gets better.
    No matter what happens, please know that we will be here for you whenever you need to vent.
    Gentle Hugs,
    Marla

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,633 Times in 1,120 Posts

my heart goes out to you.
    i have a friend who had 2 children, both with severe mental and physical issues.
    they were normal happy children until they turned about 4.
    the oldest (11) died not long ago.

everyone who knew her, cried for yer loss, but was thankfull that she no longer suffered.

we know the same is going to happen to her younger brother.

medicine cannot save everyone, but thankfully it can deminish the suffering.

you are not a bad person for wanting to see someones suffering come to an end.

please hug your fiance for me, and i would love to meet up when you return home.

Thanks

i am so sorry you are going through this it is not wrong to want to see your child not in pain i wish you the best and hope your child gets better soon i wish i could hug you in person but i am sending you cyber hugs take care and my thoughts are with you at this difficult time.

Thanks

Thank you everyone for your thoughts and support, I am so glad that I found this site.

Take care.

Derek

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Derek View Post
    Thank you everyone for your thoughts and support, I am so glad that I found this site.

Take care.

Derek
    How are things going, Derek?