Thread: Just wanted to introduce myself

Thanks

Default Just wanted to introduce myself

I was diagnosed last October and have had a difficult time with many aspects of my life. I have been sympatamatic for about two years. Just this three weeks I had to put one of my dogs to sleep, have had a horrible cold and lost my job. The stress and virus of course caused a flare and I am home without 45K income any longer. Even though my Lupus is not in the organs, the joint inflamation and fatigue are unforgiving. I also have had digestive problems, skin rashes, reynauds and anxiety which I have been taking meds for. I am just now starting other meds, I was trying to combat this on my own. I guess I just dont want to believe that this is the new challange in my life. I am thankful that I have the most loving husband who doesnt care if we are poor as long as I am well. The people at my job did not care if I was sick, they were always so stressful and the bosses were not very nice men. I already feel better being away from them but now have to get another job in the near future. It has helped me to be able to read about others, I am not alone in this fight. Now I can talk to you all and that is great.
    Looking forward to chatting - Ms. Noah

Thanks

I am so very sorry for all you have been through...stress like that is never good for you. On top of your illness, I can only imagine how you feel-physically and mentally. I am also having trouble at work. I have a very physically demanding job (furniture manufacturing) that requires heavy lifting, constant pulling and straining, all on a production line...I am doing the best I can, but I am waiting on someone to tell me it's just not enough. No one I work with is familiar with lupus, and I'm sure they just think I am being lazy. Did you lose your job as a result of lupus? I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers. Remember that it's always darkest before the dawn...Keep your chin up!!!

Thanks

Thanks for your kind words. I guess in a way you could say I lost my job because of the Lupus. I am just worn out. It was the stress of the envirornment working with people that care about such stupid things when I am trying to just get up and going everyday. The salesladies were very problematic and always causing issues. The owners were very emotionally abusive and always spoke to me unkindly. After three years I guess I just couldnt take it anymore, the loss of the dog and then the flu then the flare just broke me. I said the wrong thing in front of others, that I wanted to look for a new job, the owners found out and put my job on the internet. It had been a long time coming to get out of there. It was horrible for my psyche. I felt more horrible than I deserved, I did a good job for them. So I asked them to let me go, they started yelling and said I'd never get unemployment from them and to go back to my desk and get back to work. Under the circumstances, I couldnt, I argued with them as long as I could and then I just left. So I hope that I can get well again soon and get another job, my family depends on me. I know we all wish we could just stay home and rest but real life just doesnt allow it. Today I went back to the rhumey, had new blood done and Wed. I have an esphogram for my swallowing issues I have had for about a year. Now I will have to change insurance and Drs. as I will be on the hubbys insurance. Thanks again for being there, just reading your reply made me feel better.

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

Hi Ms. Noah :lol:
    Welcome to our family! Unfortunately, there are too many of us who know exactly how you feel with reference to your job. I had a very similiar experience with my job: A district supervisor who decided that she was not going to allow me to work from home any longer and that she was the one with the power who could make my life miserable until I gave in to her demands. Like you, I fought and fought and fought and, in the midst of the stress and battles at work, my daughter passed away. Do you think that she would have relented? No!! Before we even buried my daughter, she was calling me at home demanded that I do work and meet deadlines (I was off work on leave at the time!). She claimed that I never looked sick when I was working and that I never told her that I had Lupus. It was discovered that I had indeed informed them of my illness on my job application and during the physical that I had to take before being hired!
    To make a long story short, I sued my job and (after two years) won the lawsuit. Of course, by then both she and I had retired. But, I never went back to work after my daughter passed..I was off on stress for two years. Needless to say, much of that two years I do not remember because I was an emotional wreck due to the stress from my job and the loss of my child! However, being off for that time meant that I continued to get my salary, plus, they had to pay someone to do my job. So, that (on top of winning the suit) meant that her nastiness cost them a lot of money.
    It is unfortunate that there are so many ignorant and unsympathetic employers out there who we have to deal with. It is also unfortunate that there are not many recourses available to us to deal with them. I was fortunate because during my fight with my job, I had counseling and representation from the ADA, my union and my husband hired a private attorney for me. Most are not as fortunate as I was, I realize that. That is what makes it so frustrating for most of us with this illness - too many employers are uncaring, demanding, unfair and ignorant!
    I am happy that you are away from that kind of stress and I hope that you are able to find some sort of employment that allows you to care for yourself and that does not add to your symptoms!
    We are happy you are here with us. We are here to help you and to let you know that you are not alone!
    Peace and Blessings
    Saysusie