Thread: Crud...developing malar rash...????

Thanks

Question Crud...developing malar rash...????

Does this mean things are getting worse, or just different? Sorry, I am new to all this...

I don't FEEL worse...maybe in a slight flare-up after I had the flu a few weeks ago, but nothing horrible. Just wondering if this indicates anything more concerning than "what a weird disease - it moves all around the body".

I guess the up-side is that it's not bad, so I just look kinda rosy-cheeked once I put a little makeup on...I'm usually so pale, it actually makes me look more healthy. How's that for irony? :-p

Thanks for any advice....

Thanks

My personal, not-a-doctor opinion, is that it could be related to your recent illness. Any bump in the road can make us flare. You might want to take a picture to show your doctor at your next visit. If things don't settle down in a week or so, maybe you could call the doctor and just let him/her know about it - or email a picture if you have the email address.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Gizmo For This Useful Post:

SleepyInSeattle (11-18-2011)

Thanks

I too get red cheeks sometimes. When I do, people say that I look so healthy with my rosy cheeks.( Yeah I wish)
    Mine is from Lupus, but I have never gotten a butterfly rash.
    Yes, Lupus does move around, but it also overlaps with other AI diseases.

Debbie
    I may have been dealt a bad hand, but at least I'm still playing with a full deck. ( most of the time anyway).

5. The Following User Says Thank You to debbie-b For This Useful Post:

SleepyInSeattle (11-18-2011)

Thanks

Thanks, folks...I have lupus but also Sjogren's and APS...not that it really matters what's causing it, I guess. I just wanted to know if it was some sort of warning sign or something. I have a follow-up appt with my Rheum on Tuesday morning anyway, so I guess the timing is good.

My mom has Rosacea, so I am hoping it's not that.

Thanks again for the info!!! There's a lot to learn about this stuff.

Thanks

I have had from time to time pink cheeks since 2007, then continuing on to have brighter lower cheeks. Now this year I have more often than not red cheeks and nose until the past few weeks where I am even red on the bridge of my nose. I have also developed a raised blotchy patch in a circle on my top lip and the top of my chin. My GP says it is Lupus and has taken two skin biopsys from the top of my arm as their is a line in a circle and a small patch raising up again. I get the results next Thursday. Most likely it confirms Lupus.
    Desley
    For every dark cloud there is a silver lining!
    Diagnosed: Lupus; mesenteric panniculitis; fat nacrosis;

Thanks

Well... if you have lupus then I think it's always good news to get it diagnosed so you can be treated and feel better. It sounds like you have already worked through a lot of this, so maybe a diagnosis will be a relief.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Gizmo View Post
    Well... if you have lupus then I think it's always good news to get it diagnosed so you can be treated and feel better. It sounds like you have already worked through a lot of this, so maybe a diagnosis will be a relief.
    Yes absolutely! I have been diag with Lupus but this skin biopsy is just additional confirmation. Best to know all rather than only half and the tests they are able to make now is wonderful just imagine 50 yrs ago???
    Desley
    For every dark cloud there is a silver lining!
    Diagnosed: Lupus; mesenteric panniculitis; fat nacrosis;