Thread: good news in bad news

Hybrid View

Thanks

Thumbs up good news in bad news

since iv been sick my lifestyle turned healthy
    stopped smoking - drinking - working 12 hour shifts on 2 hours of sleep
    my organs may be under attack but my head is much more clear than it has ever been
    i know what my goal is and how i can try to achieve it
    Heard "tested positive for h pylori" and "double strand DNA 16" in the same sentence today
    really only heard double strand DNA 16, bought myself and my mother ice cream in celebration.
    If i can fight what i fought - some bacteria in my stomach lining won't make me flinch
    and 16 from 400.. well. you can see why the ice cream

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,631 Times in 1,118 Posts

it is funny how our priorities change.

glad you could celebrate.
    icecream is a good celebration food.

Thanks

I'm not following the double strand DNA 16, so I honestly am not sure if this is a real celebration or making the best of a bad situation. In either case - good for you!

Thanks

my blood work says between zero and nine is a normal range to be in

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Sdelia3 For This Useful Post:

Gizmo (11-19-2011)

Thanks

Congratulations....my blood work indicates 0-5 is normal.

Mine is 187 and has been increasing even after having been on max dose of mtx all summer.
    Now I'm taking Imuran instead,but doesn't seem to be helping.

If you don't mind my asking -what do you credit your success to?

Thanks Niall

Thanks

Helicobacter pylori was identified by a friend of my husband and mine, Barry Marshal who works with my husband at the University of Western Australia. He got a Nobel Prize for this. When it comes back positive you should be put on a particular anti biotic which will kill it. It can make the stomach quite inflamed, ulcers, vomiting , and diarear. It is very easy to get rid of. Many people have this and don't know. It is very good that you were tested for it. I would have gone for the ice cream too as it can be responsible for really not feeling well etc. good luck!
    Desley
    For every dark cloud there is a silver lining!
    Diagnosed: Lupus; mesenteric panniculitis; fat nacrosis;

Thanks

Thank you! my doctor made sure she ran the h pylori test because i was getting sick every morning and could barely eat anything - was nice to lose some weight but i missed my carbohydrates!! I'm actually confused as to how my numbers dropped so quickly- i started out on imuran and plaquenel, as well as my prednisone and a handful of vitamins like D and citracal . In august i was having the same issue with naustia and vomitting- so i was taken off imuran and things seemed to clear up ( until this bacteria problem) . My doctor held off almost three months of blood work and i was expecting worse results back after being taken off imuran but i guess i was wrong. who knows! i try to get out and and walk everyday even though my body usually doesnt want to do anything active. the way i feel psychically leads me to believe my numbers are up (soar and tired) but maybe its just something to get used to feeling like? I'm kind of new to this i don't really know what comes next as far as getting into a normal range goes, do you stop taking as many meds? or is pill popping something that is going to have to be done every day until I'm gone? is "remission" something thats really hard to get to?

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Sdelia3 For This Useful Post:

n.mac (11-21-2011)