Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Good news:~}

Thanks

Default Good news:~}

I got notified yesterday that I have been approved for ssdi. I just wish I felt better, we could celebrate.
    Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of mercies and God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our tribulations, that we may be able to comfort those who are in any trouble, with the comfort wich we ourselves are comforted by God. 2 Corinthians 1:3

Thanks

A mixed blessing for sure. I'm glad you were approved.

Thanks

Congratulations. I know that can be a long, discouraging battle. Hopefully you can turn your energy to better things now.

Thanks

That is great news.
    How long did it take?
    Now you can focus on your well being.

Debbie
    I may have been dealt a bad hand, but at least I'm still playing with a full deck. ( most of the time anyway).

Thanks

It took me a year and a half. I was pretty fortunate to be able to draw ca. disability for about one year and have been hitting my retirement since. I'm to darn young to be drawing out of my retirement but I gotta live. I didn't buy the book but I followed the advice from an ad I picked up on here, the dissability digest, I hope its ok to use the name on here just in relation to my story, but it did help in my confidence filling out the forms.
    On a seperate note, does any body have problems with their doctors refusing to fill out paperwork ie: dissability forms for both state and fed? My rheumy's policy is that he does not do them. I have already got a lead on another rheumy which is actually about 15 min. closer for me.
    Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of mercies and God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our tribulations, that we may be able to comfort those who are in any trouble, with the comfort wich we ourselves are comforted by God. 2 Corinthians 1:3

Thanks

What good is a doctor who won't fill out the paperwork? I know most charge something for their time to do it, but jeez! How rotten that you have to start over again with a new doc. Hopefully he/she will do a better job for you overall.

Thanks

I am so sorry you have had to apply but I am thrilled that you have been approved.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by scubagramplit View Post
    It took me a year and a half. I was pretty fortunate to be able to draw ca. disability for about one year and have been hitting my retirement since. I'm to darn young to be drawing out of my retirement but I gotta live. I didn't buy the book but I followed the advice from an ad I picked up on here, the dissability digest, I hope its ok to use the name on here just in relation to my story, but it did help in my confidence filling out the forms.
    On a seperate note, does any body have problems with their doctors refusing to fill out paperwork ie: dissability forms for both state and fed? My rheumy's policy is that he does not do them. I have already got a lead on another rheumy which is actually about 15 min. closer for me.
    My Rheumy has a sign in his office saying that he does not do the disability paperwork and that your primary doctor has to do it, but he will provide the nessecary information.

Debbie
    I may have been dealt a bad hand, but at least I'm still playing with a full deck. ( most of the time anyway).

Thanks

Hey Jim,
    It's good to see you here again! You've been missed.
    I'm glad that you were finally able to get disability. It's a shame that it takes so long.
    You are lucky to be eligible for it, though. Texas schools "opt out" of paying into Social Security and force teachers into paying into their crummy retirement system.
    Because of that, I haven't paid enough into SS with my work in other states to qualify, so no SS for me until the hubby retires. It's a good thing that he has a good job and insurance.
    I hope that you keep coming back to WHL. Are you doing better in Oregon than you did in CA?
    Hugs,
    Marla

Thanks

yea I tried that too, didn't fill it out right and we are going to drive the 4 hours to chico back to the doctor there and hand deliver the paper work to the EDD office. Right now I am pretty fed up with my doctors both rheumy and pcp, I am going to fire them both, the problem is finding a new pcp, I think I got a new rheumy lined up, we'll see.
    Quote Originally Posted by debbie-b View Post
    My Rheumy has a sign in his office saying that he does not do the disability paperwork and that your primary doctor has to do it, but he will provide the nessecary information.

Debbie