Thread: School? -_-

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Default School? -_-

So I just failed a math test... academic math... that's pathetic. I didn't see it coming. I feel like I'm to worried all the time about kc and all the other drama in my family right now over school. I don't want whats going on right affect my grade and my future when I'm trying to find a college, but at the same time I want o do everything i can to help Kc right now so she isn't this sick for the rest of her life. Along with Kc and my other sisters and school, me and my friends have all seemed to grow apart from each other. They don't seem to want to talk anymore or anything, and I tried my best to talk to them regularly. But I'm not sure why they don't like me anymore. I don't like to talk about my life to them because I'm pretty sure they thought it was just annoying so I had normal conversations with them normally. But now when i try to talk to them it is just plain awkward. Did i change that much? How should i fit in school, family and my friends all at the same time?

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Oh, and my math teacher yelled at me about the math test. and its really frustrating because i cant ever seem to concentrate on any one thing right now and have trouble remembering homework and projects. I feel like all my teachers think i'm just lazy, that's why I have been slacking in my core classes. But the thing is, I'm not lazy! I should be worrying more about my family right now and helping Kc more than myself. But i still should take care of myself (and grades) too. Its really difficult. I'm embarrassed when other people see me get a C on a simple test. I don't know what to do... i'm so frustrated.

Thanks

Hey CJ,

School pressure on top of family worries, is a rough combination. When you deal with chronic illness it sure puts your priorities into a different order, doesn't it.
    Is there an adult at school that you can talk to? A counsellor, teacher or nurse that you like? It's OK to ask for some help putting this all into perspective. They may be able to put some accommodations in place for you to help you through this difficult time.

My son struggles with anxiety and the school was able to offer him, extensions on deadlines, a quiet place to take exams, and a reduced course load. Perhaps your school could come up with a plan that works for you.

CJ, you are going through a very difficult period and your partners in education want to see you succeed. I'm sure you will find they are interested in helping you. It might be nice for you to have someone to chat with as well. Talk to KC, if she went to the same school she may be able to provide you with the name of a teacher who she thinks would be understanding. Of course, some teachers can be jerks, but most of them will be good. They are parents, sisters and brothers. Many have experienced difficult times too.

As for your friends. I'm sorry you are having a difficult time connecting. High school is hard enough, socially, without having to deal with such troubles. Continue to try to keep in touch with them. Try to have some fun. Hang tight. Things will get better.

Brenda

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Thanks Brenda,

There is really no one to talk to in school, but i try to call my mom every night and we talk about everything. She is closest to me and we went through everything together so we can relate with each other fairly easily. Other than that, no one is there really to help support me. except of course my awesome cyber family! Thanks for understanding what i'm going through, when none of "what i thought to be" closest friends would.

Sincerely,
    CJ

Thanks

I'm glad you are close to your mom and have someone to chat with.

I'm sending you a big "cyber hug".

Take care my friend,
    Brenda

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,631 Times in 1,118 Posts

there is no easy answer.
    i am almost 50, retired and still have problems balancing priorities.

your love for your sister, will probably always override "less" important issues.

i say thank you for caring.

maybe you could see the principal.
    they usually are more able to "listen" than the teachers.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to steve.b For This Useful Post:

siege929 (11-21-2011)