Thread: Worried! Dont know what to do!

Thanks

Default Worried! Dont know what to do!

Im a 56 year old male.I started loosing alot of weight real fast.I lost 60 lbs. in 3 months and a total of 85 lbs in 1 year. Ive been tired, weak with dizzy spells all the time. Im also loosin my mucsel mass.I have no insurance but managed to get blood work done where it came back with a positive ANA with only a 14:0. I have arthritis but the Reumatoid Factor blood test came back Negative.Something new that seemed to start a several monthes ago is my joints are clicking alot when I move.For about the last 15 years Ive been getting severe muscelcramps.Sometimes it felt like every muscel in my body was cramping up at the same time.Usually after work or after I sat down for a few minutes.It happened more when my wife and I battled Hepatitis C.We both went on Interferon where sadly she lost the battle.I did very well.I dont smoke or drink and havnt used illeagle drugs for over 10 years.My liver and and other organs are all good according to the blood work.
    Everything seemed to happen about 18 months after my wife of 30 years died. and for the first time I started a new stressfull relationship.I was also drinking raw unfiltered organic (ACV) Apple Cider Vinigar.(with the mother).It was suppose to be a pro biotic.I had a sinus infection and read that (ACV) cured almost everything.I also should say I was and still am battleing anxiety and depression.Ive also been laid off from work wich I was a Laborer for the Brick Layers.It is hard brutal work.Several times with in the last 15 years my blood work came back with I think a low white cell count.Wich I never followed up with except to take vitamins.Slight Anemia runs in my family.
    With no insurance benefits and Im collecting unemployment I was turned down for Charity Care at the hospital.Does anybody know what my next step would be to check what type of autoimmune disease I may or may not have.Is there a simple blood test I could take or could I just Ignore my test results being only a 14:0. I really dont think I have Lupus.
    My Symptoms are:

Fatigue
    Decreased Energy
    Weakness
    Shortness of Breath
    Light Head and Dizzyness
    Passed out twice
    Ringing in ears
    Confusion

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Hi, I'd love to help and tell you what's wrong, but we aren't Doctors. I'd recommend you find a doctor who will help you set up s payment plan you can afford. You really need to see a doctor. Diagnosing and treating yourself can only cause you trouble.

Please try and find a doctor.
    I send you good thoughts and hugs

Thanks

Wow, I can see that your plate is really full right now. I am so sorry for your loss and am very proud of you for being delivered from your addictions. I think you need to see a rheumatoid doctor. Have you applied for a state medical card? Perhaps they can help you with your medical bills. I would also try some out reach programs in your area. Even if they can't help perhaps they can point you in the right direction for financial medical help. Definitely seek out medical attention because I don't think things are going to get better without medical help. God Bless you and stay strong.
    Praise God in all things....

Thanks

You've lost too much weight, and it seems to be increasing, to NOT see a doctor. If you have to, go to the emergency room of the local hospital, and submit yourself as medically indigent if you have to. But call the county where you live first, and see if they have some help for you, either locally or from the state you live in. Also see if there's a church that might be able to help. Praying for you brother. You're my age, and I can't fight-off things anymore like I could when I was in my twenties and hod-carrying for three overbearing bricklayers... lolol Best of luck to you.
    "There but for the grace of God, go I."
    "... His mercy endureth for ever."

Thanks

I would check what clinics in your area offer a sliding scale fee or discounted type of service. That's how I started off when I first started getting sick because I had no insurance too. I would also check what type of state funded insurance you can get. It's so important to see a doctor! They can help alleviate some of the pain and other symptoms. That's how I learned some of the symptoms I thought were not related actually are. It's also how I learned my heart and lungs are being affected. I'm not sure what things are like in your state, but I wish you the best of luck and send you a ton of prayers. We all understand what you're feeling and are here for you!

Blessings, Love & Aloha,
    Ty
    Last edited by NaturalMystic; 11-16-2011 at 03:37 AM.
    "Kindness is just love with its work boots on"...

"No man stands so tall as when he stoops to help a child." Abraham Lincoln

6. The Following User Says Thank You to NaturalMystic For This Useful Post:

rob (11-16-2011)