I was diagnosed in February and at the time thought my life was over. I was just about to turn 21 and fly out to california to visit my older brother. Lupus hit, i spent my birthday on the couch snuggled up with ice packs and heating pads, and had to cancel my trip because my blood was too thick to fly.I was in my house for what seemed like 8 years until i felt ok enough to even get out of my sweatpants. My mother resorted back to the mother she was when i was 16 - constantly giving me an issue for being out past 9 p.m and leaving the house for more than four hours at a time. After a few screaming/crying matches i got my life back with some exceptions. The wild child i once was had to take a permanent leave, and i guess its not as bad as i thought it would be because I've learned i can't psychically do it anymore without being completely miserable and swollen. My (something something) count ( still don't understand) was around 400 when i was first diagnosed and is now down to 28 as of my last blood results. although this number is still higher than it should be it is MUCH better and only gives me hope that i can knock this thing into remission in no time. 9 months down the road with this disease and tonight is actually the first time i've really read into lupus. I've always known the basic gist of it but have been too scared to see the words. The whole possible organ failure deal is what made me the most nervous. Made me cry a tiny bit but i can't really tell if it was a real cry, or an I'm on steroids cry. this forum has actually made me feel a lot better about my situation, to see that there are a ton of people out there going through the exact same thing.