Thread: I am not alone

Thanks

Thumbs up I am not alone

Hi all,
    This is Ginni from Lesotho. I was diagnosed with lupus in May 2009. when i was first told i had Lupus, i did not know exactly what it was and what it meant but i was still depressed. I stayed in Hospital for about three weeks and after my hospital stay i could not walk. Thanks to the encouragement of my family i learned to walk again. Life has taken a different direction because i can no longer do the things i loved to do. Sometimes i feel so lonely and depressed and find myself crying for no reason. I love my life and i want to make it live each day that i live. I am happy to join this network of people who understand what i am going through and I'm optimistic that i will learn more from other people's experiences.

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

Hi Ginni;
    Welcome to our family. I am sorry to hear that your Lupus has caused you so many issues. But, I am happy to know that you are overcoming some of those issues (walking again is a wonderful triumph for you!).
    Most of us here have dealt with the depression and loneliness that comes with having a disease that so many do not understand. You are not alone in feeling these emotions. However, please know that you are never alone when you are here with us. Each of us understands what you are going through and how you feel because we have all been where you are.
    You should know that there is always someone here whenever you are in need. Our family is global, yet very connected, sympathetic, understanding, comforting, and supportive.
    I am so happy that you found us, please make yourself at home; pop into any conversation that you like, start your own topics if you want, or feel free to provide any information that you'd like to share.
    Again............Welcome

Peace and Blessings
    Namaste
    Saysusie
    Look For The Good and Praise It!

Thanks

Good Morning and a very warm welcome! I too suffer from week to week with the tears and have had conversation here under thread 'easy tears' the answers may help you too. I felt much better and this week no tears! Hope your days get better! Welcome to this wonderful supportive group! Also have a look at the 'spoon theory' I found it so enlightening.
    Last edited by Desleywr; 11-13-2011 at 04:44 PM.
    Desley
    For every dark cloud there is a silver lining!
    Diagnosed: Lupus; mesenteric panniculitis; fat nacrosis;

Thanks

welcome to whl you can feel comfortable here

Thanks

Thank you for the support. It's hard to accept that life will not be the same again but with a positive attitude things can only get better. I miss the time i used to take my kids out to have fun at the mall or even for swimming but i'm hopeful that with time i'll want to do this for them again. It is comforting to know that others have been in my shoes before and are still enjoying life as it comes. I'm learning to be positive.

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,641 Times in 1,127 Posts

hi ginni, and welcome.
    we are here to be your shoulder and ears.
    please read a few threads, they are our personal experiences.