Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hi! Haven't been around, still haven't been diagnosed...

Thanks

Default Hi! Haven't been around, still haven't been diagnosed...

I was here quite a while back and thought I would look you guys up again. I am unwell, it seems never ending! There is no diagnosis, no idea if I just have flukey bad luck or what, so I just don't know where to go for support.

I have had a shocking winter and was on prednisone and endless rounds of antibiotics for my chest, so many asthma attacks and even adrenaline shots Asthma seems OK at the moment as long as I don't get even vaguely sick! Though lung sounds in my left lung aren't so great weeks out from my last infection. However I am constantly breathless even though sats good, unknown cause. Hypertension not well controlled...i'm on a beta-blocker and two anti-hypertensives now and seeing the dr every couple of days until we get it controlled, as the tachycardia and diastolic pressure is apparently concerning. I am struggling to deal with nausea, on maxalon stematil and an omeprazol based drug...but still vomiting daily. Thyroid was two weeks ago too high but literally halved and is now back in normal range (a week later) so no medication there. Kidney function not brilliant but will look into that when hypertenion is better controlled. Oh, and i'm awake roughly 5-6hours a day at present! Not allowed to do any sport, calling in sick at least a couple of times a week to work (which I can't stand as I am letting people down big time) and generally struggling daily...but still trying to work and study to support myself and my two children as a single parent.

It gets too much some days, and I just don't know how you keep fighting this sort of battle when things keep getting worse.

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,631 Times in 1,118 Posts

remember your family here wants to help you.
    we offer a supportive ear, or shoulder.

offering you bug hugs.

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Steve is right; we're here for each other. We keep doing it because we don't want to give up.

So keep the faith and push on; it's the only way to go.

Hugs and love,
    One single mom who did it

Thanks

CJ,
    Welcome back to your cyber family. My heart goes out to you being a single Mom and dealing with AI issues.
    Keep coming back to us for support - we're glad to be here for you.
    Hugs,
    Marla

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

It is so good to hear from you, but I am so sorry to hear that you have been having such a rough time. I know how hard it can be to continue to fight, but we are all here for you and we do not want you to give up.
    This disease and its symptoms and complications can make one very disheartened and we completely understand. Please know that you are not alone and we want to give you as much support, help, and encouragement as we can. Don't ever give up!

Peace and Blessings
    Namaste
    Saysusie
    Look For The Good and Praise It!

Thanks

Thank you. Is there a break? Will it get better? I'm waiting for a ride to the hospital now after 12hrs of un controlled vomiting thanks to ?? I would love a break between issues, I would love to just feel energetic and normal

Blog Entries
    Thanks

I wish I could tell you I had times where I was full of energy and normal. I can't. But what I can tell you is there were respites for me. Months, sometimes years, where I was almost a normal human. I enjoyed those times. I hope you will be fortune enough to have them too. Don't let this beat you down.

Remember as a single Mom, we go one step forward for every four we go backward. But in the end we still make that forward headway. Wish I could help you and Mari more. My kids are grown now with kids of their own. I can only say that lupus and being a single mom is survivable.

Lots of Hugs and good thoughts for you

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Nonna For This Useful Post:

Saysusie (11-13-2011)

Thanks

Thank you x I'm still in hospital,haven't seen my kids in nearly a week yet. Will be ok once I get home.

Thanks

Is there something I should ask them to test? I'm still in and waiting on MRI results to rule out brain tumour, then adrenal gland tumour is the next suspect. I did get a visit from my 2 kids today at least, otherwise just getting by

Thanks

If you're able to access your computer ~CJ~, then read the thread ... Your Lupus Questions, which is a "sticky" at the top of this section of the forum. There are several other "stickies" just as helpful, if not more so, in other sections. Seems to me that Saysusie has one on blood work somewhere, but my brain ain't all here today again and I'm "thrashing" a bit, trying to find it...
    "There but for the grace of God, go I."
    "... His mercy endureth for ever."