Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Brain Fog and driving?

Thanks

Hi, the first time this happened to me , I was so scared. It felt like I just woke up behind a wheel and I didn't know where I was, and where I was going. thank god it lasted only about 30-45 seconds but it was quite scary...it happens to me all the time now(not just when driving) and you and people around you will get used to it, just like you get used to the pain every day, and the new symptoms that come and go....I know it sounds terrible...the first few months are hard! I lost a husband cause of Lupus...(I'm better off anyways) no stress.

Thanks

I have been diagnosed with sjogrens and my brain fog is appalling, I have driven and thought 'where is this road, I dont recognise it?'

And I have had other episodes as well, I have completely forgotten to feed my dog, I wonder why he sits looking at me pleadingly and at bedtime I realise he is starving hungry. Last week I went out and forgot to lock my house up and that scared the hell out of me and to cap it all and I wonder if anyone can beat it - I went to the doctor last week and locked my husband in the house.

I cant drive far and if I am feeling bad, I dont drive at all. What causes this brain fog I do not know.

rob is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the World
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,105 Times in 628 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Corella View Post
    What causes this brain fog I do not know.
    I guess nobody really knows the exact mechanism or cause of Brainfog. I've tried to read all I can about it, but there isn't much out there to read.

I can deal with much of the physical pain from flares, but I find the brainfog to really be debilitating.

Rob

Thanks

YUP, Brain Fog SUCKS! I had to stop driving when i almost got into only about my 20th accident! UGH! It scared the crap out of me! The last scare i had was stopping at a red light in the left turn lane, then i moved forward "thinking" the light was green, then VROOM, right on through the red light i went! A car JUST MISSED me by inches! Carl(my husband) wanted me to stop driving a long time ago because my kids would tell him what they "saw" me do (or not do for that matter) when we were on the road. I didnt even realize it sometimes! I just HATED the thought of SOMETHING else being taken away from me, so i "swore" to my family id be "OK". NOPE! Not worth my life, my familys life or a strangers life! Corella, i also have Sjogrens, so it makes for even WORSE brain fog with more illnesses pilled on! BOOOOOO to Brain Fog!!!!!
    We Live in a MORTAL, FRAIL, IMPERFECT world in which the word "FAIR" doesn't always apply.Make EVERY MOMENT COUNT with the ones you LOVE because it can end in the blink of an eye. Love, Jeannette

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,610 Times in 1,102 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Corella View Post
    .... and I wonder if anyone can beat it - I went to the doctor last week and locked my husband in the house .....
    this sounds like a comment worthy of the "you know you have brain fog" thread.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to steve.b For This Useful Post:

tgal (12-16-2011)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by steve.bryce View Post
    this sounds like a comment worthy of the "you know you have brain fog" thread.
    I felt terrible, I got home and he told me and I called him a liar when he said he found HIS keys in MY bag, but it was true. Today I went to get my prescription, pulled in at the servo, couldnt find prescription, drove home - checked the house, couldnt find it and it was in my bag all along.

Scares the crap out of me, I hope it gets better or at least subsides.

Thanks

Oh the stories we can tell huh Corella! Needless to say, it really doesnt get much better. UGH! JUST BE CAREFUL!!
    We Live in a MORTAL, FRAIL, IMPERFECT world in which the word "FAIR" doesn't always apply.Make EVERY MOMENT COUNT with the ones you LOVE because it can end in the blink of an eye. Love, Jeannette

Thanks

Well today I am feeling super smug. My friend stayed over and couldnt find her watch - we turned the house upside down and I checked my handbag in case my brain fog made me put it in there by mistake - well it is possible.

I said 'check your bag again' and she said 'it is deffo not in there' but I made her check it and there it was, I was smug because it is the type of thing I would do but she did it and she isnt sick either.

Ha ha ha!!

Thanks

What has been scaring me worse than the brain fog lately is my right leg spasming when I'm driving. I volunteered at "Christmas at the Adobes" last weekend. It was a sitting-down job, but I was tired when I drove home. My leg would spasm so badly when I was stopped at a stoplight, I was scared to death that I would rear-end another car or go out into cross traffic if my foot slipped off of the brake. I had to stop and rest in parking lots a couple of times, and I was a nervous wreck by the time I got home. It was only a six mile drive!

Thanks

Corella, YOU GO GIRL!!!! WOO HOO to THAT moment! We will take waht we can huh!!!!
    OH MARLA! PLEASE be CAREFUL! That was ONE of my reasons i almost got into some accidents! XXXXXXOOOOOOOOO