Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: just recent told I have lupus

Thanks

Default just recent told I have lupus

Im 36 year old and feel like 70 year old lady. My face have red rashes that are raises and puffy and turning dark color right under my eyes. Feeling tired all the time and hurting to the point I cant get things done. I really feel that something is taking over my body and I have no control.

Thanks

Hi Yvonne,

Welcome to WHL.
    A recent diagnoses of Lupus is overwhelming at times, that is normal. Most of us have gone through it.
    But it will get better, as you get used to the idea, get the right meds and start understanding what having Lupus means to you.
    Are you on any meds?
    If you have any questions, go ahead and ask.
    BTW, I am 55 and feel like 95, I am in a bad flare right now.

Debbie
    I may have been dealt a bad hand, but at least I'm still playing with a full deck. ( most of the time anyway).

Thanks

Welcome Yvonne! The good news about being told that you have lupus is that you can start treatment and hopefully feel much better in a few months. Lupus can be a scary disease, but it can also be controlled for most people. Have you seen a rheumatologist yet or discussed treatment?

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Yes you feel this way now, but one you start the medications and see the rheumy; things do get better. I'm 63 and I've lived with this most of my life. You can survive and live a good life. Push yourself to find your limits and then go for it. Lupus is rough; but it is not the end of the world.

Tons of Hugs and a big Welcome to our family

Thanks

Hi there! I too am 36 years old and feel very similar to you. I was diagnosed earlier this year. The good news is that you have a diagnosis. For me, I honestly thought I might be losing my mind before someone told me what this was. Now in retrospect a lot more things makes sense. I can tell you that Lupus affects each of us differently and it may take a while for you and your doctor to figure out the right combination of meds to help you control your lupus. I also want you to know that you will likely read about some of the people most affected by lupus on forums like this but that are also those who are affected relatively minorly (though that doesn't mean they don't have their bad days). Rather some people with lupus are able to keep working and pursuing their activities of daily living with occasional interruptions. Others with more severe issues, understandably end up on disability, etc. Just keep in mind there is a broad spectrum and you won't have every symptom or complication you read about here or elsewhere. FOr now, try to reduce the stress in your life, eat well (four basic food groups) and exercise (ie move your joints) when you can (not vigorously).

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bunny28 For This Useful Post:

Gizmo (11-05-2011), prothumos (11-09-2011)

Thanks

Welcome Yvonne.

I'm a 46 year old who feels 80. lol. I'm still getting used to the idea of Lupus as well. This is a great group who have helped me tremendously.

I look forward to getting to know you.
    Brenda

Thanks

Welcome to the site. I don't get my diagnosis for another 9 days. I think right now I just feel afraid and overwhelmed. I am sure you are feeling the same way. I just joined this
    group of people for support. I feel like people don't understand because they can't see what you feel. I hope you can get some results from medication. I hear it really helps.

MaryAnn

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Yes, it can be and often is overwhelming but you are at the right place. Come back often and hang out with the greatest group of lupies in the world!
    "I'm going to get healthy or die trying"

Blog Entries
    Thanks

You can talk about anything you want here and we will all be there for you.

I am only 25, and I have lupus and fibromyalgia, I feel like I am in my 60's so I know exactly how you feel.
    "With gentle hands and the heart of a fighter, I am a survivor!" - Reba McEntire

Blog Entries
    Thanks

hi i was just diagnosed a couple of days ago. im 32. i have had a achy body for years now. i thought it was because of my weight. my knees, back, hips, legs, and feet hurt and feel weak. do you feel any of these symptoms?? im just curious because i don't have the rash. i did however have a temp. of 104 degrees years ago and the doctor couldnt figure out what was wrong with me. this time after i fasted for a day the blood test showed positive for lupus and anemia. because i just got diagnosed i don't know if im supposed to feel a diff. way or what because i feel im not going to just feel sick because they gave me a diagnosis. do u know what i mean?