Thread: Ruziska is worn out

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Default Ruziska is worn out

Greetings Everyone:

As the title states, I am worn out. Beyond worn out. It has taken 5 weeks to get my mom's house cleaned out. I'll NEVER watch the show "Hoarders" as that is what I've been dealing with. My daughter and I have filled over 100 lawn and leaf size bags with garbage and thrift store donations. That doesn't include the boxes and garbage cans we've filled. We are currently in the process of ripping out carpet as well. I had the living room and dining room professionally steam cleaned but that didn't do much good as 6 years worth of animal... took it's toll and the carpet is ruined beyond repair. Also ripped out the carpet in the master bed and bath rooms. We were supposed to have an Estate Sale next weekend but where we live only allows sales in the community garage so with winter coming, we decided to wait until spring which meant scrounge for containers and pack up as much as possible and put in the shed, whatever doesn't fit, goes to thrift donations.
    To add insult to injury, I've chipped a tooth and my back has gone into spasms this week. I don't get the tooth fixed until next Wednesday unless they get a cancellation and can get me in sooner. This has been a week I could have done without. I'm emotionally and physically exhausted. Everytime I turn around there seems to be another crisis to deal with. My body is revolting and my mind is freaking out. I don't know how much more I can handle.
    "I'm going to get healthy or die trying"

Thanks

Ruziska, you certainly have had more than your share of crisis-es to deal with. You have survived a huge challenge and made the best of some bad situations. I know you are exhausted and hope that you will be able to rest and regroup. You have to put yourself first for a while or there won't be anything left.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Gizmo For This Useful Post:

ruziska (11-05-2011)

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Well said Gizmo. Ruzika listen to Gizmo, you need to rest and pull yourself back together. You are important to many people including your lupus family

Gentle loving cyber hugs are being sent your way

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Nonna For This Useful Post:

ruziska (11-05-2011)

Thanks

Ruzika - You have worked so hard. Please take care of yourself too. Be gentle with yourself.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to bunny28 For This Useful Post:

ruziska (11-05-2011)

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Today should be my last big day of wearing myself out at mom's house. It has taken 5 weeks to clear the house out. Unbelievable! 5 WEEKS. Yesterday I finished ripping out the carpet in the dining room and daughter is moving in tomorrow. I've scheduled a thrift store truck to pick up almost a packed room's worth of stuff on Tuesday and last night a neighbor came and got some kitchen items and furniture for his brother who just got his own apartment and didn't have anything.
    The best news is that I have a job interview Monday! I emailed my resume to a company looking for an administrator yesterday and she called me 2 hours later to set up an interview! The temp agency I am currently with is just that-temporary and sporadic. A consistent paycheck would be most appreciated. So fingers crossed!
    "I'm going to get healthy or die trying"

Thanks

Great news Ruziska! Will you have a little time to to re-coop before you start?

Blog Entries
    Thanks

take care of youself now and glad that everything is done. Bonita