Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Is it a flare or the flu?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rob View Post
    Melody,

That's exactly what happens with me.

Debbie,

I hope you get to feeling better soon. Flu or flare, it sucks either way.

Rob
    Thank you Rob. So far it still sucks, feeling pretty bad.

Debbie
    I may have been dealt a bad hand, but at least I'm still playing with a full deck. ( most of the time anyway).

Thanks

I have felt better for a few days, now I am coughing again. I cough and cough and cough.
    Going back to my primary doc tomorrow, I already know that he is going to send me for a lung x-ray.
    Does anybody have a bad cough, that is just not going away? Could it be lupus lung involvement?
    Oh yeah, when I have a coughing fit, I get real dizzy.

Debbie
    I may have been dealt a bad hand, but at least I'm still playing with a full deck. ( most of the time anyway).

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by debbie-b View Post
    Three days after coming back from my Texas vacation, I started to get sick. I had mostly a bad dry cough, fever, aching joints and very painful skin, I could not touch my skin, it hurt so much.
    So I thought, it's the flu, drank alot of fluids, took over the counter cough medicine and went to work, feeling like I am going to die.
    Feeling a little better now, but far from feeling good.
    Yesterday I went to get my blood checked, because of my high liver enzynes, today my rheumy called, telling me that my platelets a very low. That makes me think, that it might be a flare, as we all know,
    a flare feels like you have the flu.
    I am going to see the rheumy on monday.
    What do you guys think, flu or flare?

Debbie
    I know i'm a little late on this topic, but you mentioned painful skin to the touch. Was there any rash or anything visible that could have caused the pain? Because there's already been two incidents where almost overnight I'll have a painful to the touch spot on my upper thigh and it burns to wear I almost can't walk. At first I thought it was due to dehydration because the more water I drank the less it hurt. But I highly doubt it's possible without any visible skin lesions.

Thanks

I don't have a rash with my painful skin. It is the tissue that hurts and I get it alot.

Debbie

Thanks

Yeah, that's how I get. It lasts for a few days then just lessens and disappears like it never happened. My mom said she's also gotten it quite a few times in the past month as well. I hope you feel better!!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by krystleg87 View Post
    Yeah, that's how I get. It lasts for a few days then just lessens and disappears like it never happened. My mom said she's also gotten it quite a few times in the past month as well. I hope you feel better!!
    I do, thank you, exept for the painful tissue, I have that every day. Not a good feeling.

Debbie