Thread: Easy tears?

Thanks

Cool Easy tears?

Lately I only have to blink and next I am in tears. I don't feel depressed. I feel tired and I feel I have been doing too much. Any slight bit of sadness I can't hold back the tears, tv, conversations with friends. I am so over it being so very very emotional. Is this normal with Lupus I have recently dropped out of a flare so I should be happy. I feel happy within my self it is just tears?
    Can anyone offer an explanation. Thanks so much,! Desley
    Desley
    For every dark cloud there is a silver lining!
    Diagnosed: Lupus; mesenteric panniculitis; fat nacrosis;

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Oh my, that happens to me when i'm in a bad relapse and taking high levels of my medications. Don't worry, it happens to all of us on the crazy meds. When I was first diagnosed I was in high school, I was so sick after summer break and I remember I dropped my pencil in class and just started balling. People around me started apologizing thinking they did it but I just told them I couldn't help it and it was for no reason at all. Lol yea I pretty sure the 20 plus teenagers in that room thought I was crazy, can't help but laugh at it now. All very normal, especially because of all the medications you were on from that flare.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Mica For This Useful Post:

Desleywr (11-01-2011)

Thanks

I am so glad you posted. I have been in tears since Sunday evening. I got off one anti-depressant and he started me on a new one today but I am beginning to think tears is part of this disease. Hang in there. I hope you have good friends like I do because that is the only way I am getting through this.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to mdawncooper For This Useful Post:

Desleywr (11-01-2011)

Thanks

Thanks very much for your comments it does make me feel better. I am originally from Queensland the east coast of Australia and now live in the west coast. So all my friends of 30yrs and family are far away. The friends here are only new friends so haven't got that close to them as yet. I feel more comfortable to take the risk here and to go through the rejection I have experienced here in Perth. I had a very good friend who we did things together often during the week and lived just up e street and as soon as I started having the first stages of a flare in 2007 bolted ... She didn't want to be held back by my fatigue or pain. I know she wasn't a real friend, and I do have a handful of wonderful friends on the east coast but distance is a problem and when we do talk on the phone I just want to enjoy those times.

So this is why I do enjoy this forum group so much! I am talking to people who understand and arnt judgmental. I look normal and being 58 with a walking stick for balance problems I am not rushed with people lining up to be friend a problem. I have moved into the area I live in less than a year. I still have coffee with some people who I lived near occasionally.

I do very much say thank you all for is network! And support!
    Desley

Thanks

Desley,

You are not alone ~ we all understand. I cried the other night while reading a book because the wolf died. And the wolf wasn't even a major character in the book, lol. I kind of had one of those "outside looking in" moments where I thought: "why am I crying over the wolf?" and couldn't come up with a decent answer so I just kept crying. I think sometimes that us Lupies get used to holding things in and pushing on, no matter how bad it gets and sometimes it just comes out. And sometimes it's the meds. And sometimes, during a flare, it's just because it hurts and is miserable. And sometimes we just cry because the wolf died, lol. You're not alone!

Robin

8. The Following User Says Thank You to prothumos For This Useful Post:

Desleywr (11-09-2011)

Thanks

Ahhh thank you ... Here I go again reading your response there goes a few more tears.
    You are so right . Thanks again. I do feel more normal when others also state it happens to them. A big sigh of relief!

Quote Originally Posted by prothumos View Post
    Desley,

You are not alone ~ we all understand. I cried the other night while reading a book because the wolf died. And the wolf wasn't even a major character in the book, lol. I kind of had one of those "outside looking in" moments where I thought: "why am I crying over the wolf?" and couldn't come up with a decent answer so I just kept crying. I think sometimes that us Lupies get used to holding things in and pushing on, no matter how bad it gets and sometimes it just comes out. And sometimes it's the meds. And sometimes, during a flare, it's just because it hurts and is miserable. And sometimes we just cry because the wolf died, lol. You're not alone!

Robin
    Desley